ninety four

"oh, my god. she looks so cute when she sleeps." gwen whispers to mark as they both watched over the baby.

hailey sucked on her thumb while asleep.

"yeah. she's a miracle." mark agreed putting his arms around her waist. "even if we both know that she will wake up any minute."

gwen sighed while nodding.

the last weeks have been hard for the couple. hailey mostly cries and screams, pulling on their hair and clothes.

gwen hasn't slept properly in weeks now, but she didn't care. she loves hailey with her whole hard heart. she's her babygirl, but sometimes, only sometimes, she wished that hailey would be quiet. just for a second.

"we should get some sleep." mark suggested.

"right." gwen nodded not moving.

"gwen? you coming?" mark asks as his wife still looked at their baby.

"i just can't stop looking at her. she's so perfect." gwen smiles.

"i know. but she will be perfect tomorrow and the after and the day after that. we need some sleep. you need some sleep. you have to be fit tomorrow at work." mark reminds making gwen sigh.

she didn't want to leave her baby alone. she felt horrible at the thought about her baby not being with her.

"you really think i should go to work tomorrow. i mean, it's just four weeks since i gave birth. i shouldn't come back this early." gwen frowns her hands still on the crib.

"no, it's not to early. plus i will be here the whole time. she won't be alone. not one second." mark assures her.

gwen hesitated but eventually gave in by taking mark's hand. then the two went to their bed to finally sleep.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

it was the next morning when gwen stood in the kitchen feeding hailey. she still wasn't sure about going to work. i mean, it's her daughter. she can't just leave her alone can she?

"good morning to my wonderful wife and baby." mark smiled kissing gwen before pouring himself some coffee. "when do you have to leave?"

"i'm still not sure i should go anyway." gwen tells him. "i mean, i can't leave my own child alone. that's just raven mother like."

"you're not a raven mother, gwen. it's totally normal to leave your child at some point to go to work." mark says as he walked over to her. "she and i will enjoy our father-daughter time, right hailey?" he tiggled her little foot making her giggle.

"okay. you have to change her diaper and feed her. i pumped a little bit of milk, she is in the fridge." gwen explains handing mark the baby to get up.

"i know. i know. i am her father i know what to do and if not i'm gonna call you." mark assures her.

gwen grabbed her purse and jacket after putting on her shoes. she looked at the door but didn't open it.

"i can't." gwen says.

"yes, you can." mark assures her.

"okay." but gwen turned around once more to kiss mark and hailey. "bye bye, mommy loves you." she tells hailey as she grabbed her hand.

then she turned around to finally leave.

"okay, gwen. you can do this. one foot after the other." she whispers making her way to the car.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

after doing some consults and looking over her post-op patient gwen walked through the e.r.