one hundred forty one

gwen was checking on one of her patient when the little girl suddenly sneezed into her face.

"uhm... bless you sweetie." gwen smiles at the girl leaving the room to meet up with alex. "okay, i'm gonna call dr.lebackes and move and move up our anoplasty because i'm gonna be sick this afternoon."

"what are you, psychic?" alex asks as they stopped at a nurses station.

"no, i felt it." gwen explains. "you know, the sick. a kid sneezed on me. i felt it go in. i looked around, and it sat down."

"what, you felt that?" alex asks shocked and slightly unconvinced.

"yes, i've been doing this a while. you start to develop a sense. i've got seven hours, tops." gwen tells him as they started walking again.

"so, let's just cancel." alex suggests.

"no. one in 5.000 babies ia born without-"

"without a butthole, right." alex finishes for her.

"with a birth defect resulting in an imperformate anus." gwen corrects him. "alex, you need to learn this."

"well, fine. but do i have to learn it from dr.butthole?" alex asks annoyed.

"don't call him that." gwen scolds him. "dr.lebackes is a great paediatric surgeon who specialises in anoplasty. and you haven't even met him yet."

"oh, i know him." alex informs her. "these privat-practice docs are only about seeing how much they can charge."

"don't you forgot? i worked in a privat-practice." gwen scoffs to which he stood silent. "hey, cancel tomorrow's procedures, okay?"

"why?"

"because i will be sick." gwen repeats. "okay, i'll page you when i get a time from lebackes."

"just tell me with your mind." alex jokes.

"uh-huh." gwen chuckles walking away.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"yeah, this is a us project, but i believe our best approach is to open our doors to welcome your participation. you know, we're trying to gain a comprehensive understanding of the most complex object in the world. our brain. we are willing to take every great mind we can access to do it, your minds. we welcome you. thank you for joining us." derek presents to piper who sat in her baby seat not understanding one word what her uncle just said. "that was great. you did a good job."

piper giggled when gwen cleared her throat behind him.

"i went up to daycare to find my daughter missing." gwen tells him.

"yeah, i needed an audience." derek defends himself when gwen walks closer. "look, sit down. let me go over this again with you, okay?"

"oh, no, no, no." gwen shoke her head holding up her finger. "i'v heard that speech so many times i could do it myself. stop boring your niece."

"is it boring?" derek asks unsure. "i have 50 scientists from around the world coming over here today. it's got to be charming. it's a big deal."

"i know it's a big deal, which is why i will get out of your way." gwen smiles patting his shoulder. "and i'm taking my daughter with me because i don't want her first word to be hypothalamus."

"there are worse first words." derek reminds her kissing her temple before she left.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤