one hundred sixty five

gwen entered the hospital with a yawn rubbing her eyes due to lack of sleep.

she couldn't stop thinking about the whole derek thing.

she wanted to talk to him yesterday but she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

on top of that piper didn't want to sleep so her and mark kept switching on whose looking after her. since a few weeks piper couldn't sleep without her parents.

callie thinks it's cute. but mark and gwen are just exhausted. they love her daughter, but it's exhausting.

so this morning, after probably only two hours of sleep, gwen had to make breakfast for everyone and then drove hailey to school and piper to day care.

now she had a coffee from the coffe shop down the streets walking through the halls.

mark had to leave earlier to due a emergency surgery with jackson.

gwen took a sip of her coffee when she spotted derek and mark talking to each other laughing while sipping on some coffee.

she decided to walk over to at least talk to mark after she hadn't see him this morning.

"morning." gwen greets the two smilling at her husband before kissing him.

"hi, baby." mark greets putting an arm around her.

"hi, gwen." derek greets her. "how are you, heard piper isn't sleeping good at night."

"i'm good." gwen simply says before looking down at her coffee again.

"so, what were you saying?" mark asks his best friend wanting to get rid of this awkward atmosphere.

"i have some loose ends in d.c, so i'll be flying back and forth for a few weeks. tie them up, hand them off, and then i'll be here for good." derek explains mark trying to ignore the coldness coming from his sister.

"and you want to come back full-time?" mark asks.

"that's the plan." derek nods.

"this is great." mark pats his shoulder.

"yeah, great." gwen mumbles taking a sip. "uh, you realise all this has to be approved?"

"by whom? i'm on the board. i have privileges." derek responds confused.

"by amelia?" both mark and gwen said in unsion.

"besides, you don't have any privileges in the moment." gwen spats before her pager went off.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen arrived in the e.r were she was called over to a shot police officer.

"it was a bank robery." another officer told gwen, callie and owen as they tried to examine the shot officer's wounds. "three suspects held up the bank tellers at gunpoint. brett and i moved in first, but as soon as they saw us, they panicked."

"they just started firing, hit me right through the side of my vest." pete, the patient, said through gritted teeth due to the pain.

"pete, try not to move your neck, okay?" callie tells him holding his head still.

"what are we looking at?" richard asks as he entered the room.

"two gunshot wounds to the upper left chest cavity." gwen informs him.

"at least three bullet holes in his left abdomen." owen discovers as they turned pete to his right side.

"i'm gonna need access." richard says. "here, i'm gonna start a subclavian line."