sixty eight

gwen stood at the coffee cart when callie approached her. callie told gwen that arizona didn't want babies wich made callie pretty sad.

gwen took the cappuccino from the cashier and give her the money.

"so how is the marriage working?" callie asks her friend waiting for her own coffee.

"it's good. it is very good. i'm totally relaxed if you know what mean." gwen winked sipping on her coffee.

"shut up. you have sex, i know." callie rolls her eyes.

"hey, guys!" arizona greets them with a big smile as she approached them.

"hey!" callie greets.

gwen sensed an awkward atmosphare and looked at the two knowing it's still about the baby topic.

"oh, pound cake." arizona gasped taking a piece of cake paying for it before taking a bite. "i love pound cake. rich, buttery pound cake. yum, pound cake."

gwen looked between the two as arizona eat the cake and callie looked at her.

"pound cake?" arizona offers her girlfriend.

"i'm good. thanks." callie dismisses her before arizona walked away with a smile.

"so, what exactly constitutes a pound cake?" gwen asks turning to callie.

"it's a yellow cake. kinda heavy." callie shruggs.

"come on. is it a code for something dirty, right? like you eat her pound cake, she eats your pound cake." gwen smirks.

"no." callie shoke her head taking her coffee.

"oh, please, tell me it's dirty. because, otherwise, that was the most boring conversation i've ever been a part of." gwen whinces walking with her best friend down the hall.

"we are talking about pound cake because i want a kid and she doesn't. and we're not talking about that." callie explains.

"how long are you two not gonna have that conversation? a year? two years? five?" gwen asks.

"wow. so... you and mark ate pound cake together." callie changed the subject.

"you're changing the subject." gwen states.

"you like how i did that?" callie asks making gwen smirk. "so how was it?"

"mind-blowing." gwen smirked. "i pounded his cake. he pounded mine. excellent pound caking."

"pound caking is not a thing." callie chuckles.

"whatever. i blow his mind." gwen shrugged as callie puts an arm around her shoulder.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen got paged to the e.r where she saw cristina, owen, jackson and callie waiting for an ambulance.

"what do we got?" gwen asks owen.

"a cop with multiple gws's." hunt tells her.

"how many cops did you say?" callie asks seeing more than one ambulance coming up.

"just one." owen assures them.

one ambulance came to a halt and the doctors ran up to it as the doors got pulled open.

"officer gina thompson, 34, gws's to the hip and chest. vitals 100 over 70, pulse 118, respirations 28." the paramedic informs them when owen and gwen examined her.

"that's quite a police escort, officer thompson." owen states.

"i told those guys i was fine." gina says.