one hundred twenty three

gwen's alarm clock ringed early in the morning.

today was the first day at the new hospital.

she wasn't that fond to work today.

she and mark hadn't really speak in days. he's still mad at her for not telling about l.a.

and since they're both stubborn, nobody wants to do the first move.

gwen looked to her right to see mark already gone.

she sighed as she stood up to walk over to the bathroom.

she showered, brushed her hair and teeth before she searched something to wear.

then she walked over into hailey's crib to see a little post-it-note on it.

i already took hailey to daycare, just in case you're worried.
mark

gwen nodded rubbing her face in frustration as she walks down the stairs to make a coffee.

she smiled when she saw it already done standing there.

she took it the same as her purse and put her shoes on. then she walked to her car and drove to work.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

at work she sat in a conference room to the first board meeting.

she sat between callie and cristina only looking at the table holding her cup of coffee.

she was completely in her thoughts not realising callie talked to her.

"gwen?" she snapped with her finger.

"what?" gwen looks up with furrowed brows.

"nevermind." callie shrugs making gwen look even more confused.

"jackson avery really has a bigger say than any of us in running this hospital?" arizona asks as she hands everyone a folder before she sits down next to callie.

"that can't be true. can it?" cristina scoffs.

"well, he's a voting member of the management team and he also represents the harper avery foundation." mark says as he sits down opposite to his wife looking through the folder.

"and their 175 million bucks." callie adds.

"as opposed to our $15 million apiece." arizona sighs.

"according to stan, not only does he have the deciding vote, he can veto ours." derek exclaims.

"that is ridiculous. he's a fellow." cristina scoffs.

"so are you." gwen comments not looking up.

"but he's a plastic fellow. and i'm me." cristina retorts.

"hey." mark looks at her. "don't mock us plastic guys."

"well, let's not overreact." gwen tries to calm them. "i mean, it's jackson. he's not some corporate stranger. he's one of us."

"no, you're right. he's a smart kid. he's gonna follow our lead." derek agrees even if this was not what gwen meant.

"no. no." callie shoke her head. "we made this plan. we pulled it together. look, i'm grateful to harper avery for an infusion of cash, but i'm not gonna let some, some..."

"plastics fellow?" gwen finished her best friends sentence.

"plastics fellow tell me how to run my service 'cause his mommy said he could." callie rants.