one hundred thirty nine

after april ran off with jackson leaving matthew at the altar the party was over.

gwen just stood in the shack sitting on the bench watching the relatives from both parties crying, discussing or celebrating about what just happened.

how could they do this? how cruel of them.

leaving not only matthew but stephanie as well.

gwen was so pissed although she knew it wasn't her business.

"hey, why aren't you coming?" mark asks as he walked up next to her.

"i'll be there in a sec." gwen replies without looking up.

"is something wrong?" mark asks sitting down next to her putting a hand on her thigh.

"how could they do this?" gwen asks him. "how could they just walk away? that's cruel and unfair for matthew and stephanie. how could they not think before? why wait till the wedding?"

"maybe he didn't have the balls." mark jokes earning a glare from her. "would it been better if he waited until she's married?"

"no. it would've been better if they just got together and haven't made other people fall in love with them." gwen snaps.

"i'm proud of my boy. he did what he felt was right. that's a good thing." mark smiles proudly.

gwen scoffed pulling his hand from her leg before standing up and leave.

"gwen. wait."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

it was the next day when mark catched up to derek in the hospital.

"paging dr.man, dr.sharp-dressed man." mark chuckles when he saw that derek wore a suit again.

"i have kind of a big thing today." derek explains.

"me, too." he said sarcastically. "first rounds with this stupid interns, followed by an e.r
shift that could lead me to a surgery. what's your thing?"

"i'm being vetted by the white house." derek blurts.

"derek shepherd always has to top everything." mark chuckles stepping with him in an elevator.

"i can't help it." derek says. "what do you think?"

"about your thing? i think it just suits you. derek shepherd working in the white house? that's what i always thought you would end up doing." mark explains. "what are meredith and gwen thinking?"

"i haven't told gwen and meredith is not that happy." derek sighs.

"you should tell your sister." mark advises.

"could you tell her? i don't want to hear that lecture she's gonna give me." derek asks.

"we're not in a good place right now." mark informs him.

"what happened?"

"she is totally angry at april and jackson for leaving matthew and stephanie heartbroken. i told her i'm happy for them and now she isn't talking to me." mark explains. "i don't even understand why she's so angry about it. it was not her that was left."

"so, you won't tell her about my thing?" derek asks as if he didn't listen to him the whole ride.

"no, i won't." mark snaps walking away leaving him confused.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood in the e.r. after paramedic nicole wheeled in an injured kid.