fourty five

gwen stood at the nurses station when callie approached her.

"hey, how's it going?" callie asks her friend.

"oh, my god. thank you for asking." gwen smiles. "it's great. i mean, he's fun and funny. it feels like back then in new york. we are more happy than ever."

"yeah. i don't want to hear this." callie shakes her head before she starts walking away but gwen followed her.

"come on! but you have to! you're my friend." gwen reminds her.

"look, alone people don't like to hear about together people." callie tells her. "even if the alone people are alone by choice. it's mean. it's sort of like bringing a six pack to an aa meeting. keep it to yourself."

then callie walks away while gwen pouts.

gwen was walking through the halls when she meet her brother and mark.

"whoa, what is that?" mark asks derek as he saw a ring in derek's hands.

"what you think it is." derek tells him.

"it's dangerous." gwen says. "people who are carry guns are likely to fire."

"oh, i'm ready to fire it." derek assures them. "she's the problem. she spooks easy. i have to fire at the right time, in the right way, or she'll panic and bolt. she's not ready. you think he's ready?" derek asks the couple.

"i don't know." mark shrugges.

"more importantly, if you don't know, don't do anything." gwen advises her brother.

then derek walks away leaving the two alone.

"you ever thought about getting married?" mark asks his girlfriend.

"uhm... not really. you?" gwen stutterts.

"of course. i mean sooner or later i want to marry you." mark tells her.

gwen looked panicked before looking at her pager. "i have to go. my patient."

then she stormed off.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen and arizona entered the patients room. it was a little girl.

"dr.shepherd, dr.robbins, this is dan and lisa pollock." cristina introduced them.

"hello. i'm dr.shepherd." gwen smiles shaking the parents hands. "i need to see the patient. where's the patient?"

the parents stepped aside so gwen could see the little girl.

"hi." the girl greets gwen who smiles at her.

"this is stacy pollock, age nine. she's suffering from pulmonary hypertension due to a vsd." cristina presents the patient. "her ekg also shows a left ventricular hypertrophy, also..."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"stacy has a vsd, wich has gotten worse over time and created pulmonary hypertension." arizona explaines the parents standing while gwen and cristina stood by stacy.

"does she need surgery?" her father asks arizona concerned.

"are you okay?" cristina asks quiet as gwen stood silence.

"if that child looks like she's gonna die, i am walking out." gwen whispers back.

"dr.shepherd and i will be performing a transcatheter closure to repair the defect in the septum." arizona continues to explain the parents.