one hundred fourty four

gwen still couldn't register what happened.

cristina didn't won.

how?

she was the best candidate. that's for sure.

and now some dude from hopkins wins?

no. unacceptable.

it couldn't get to her mind what went wrong.

i mean, not be arrogant, but cristina was her student, her fellow.

there's no chance that cristina didn't win.

cristina yang was the best candidate this year.

"cristina was supposed to fly out with us this morning, and she didn't show." meredith tells derek over the phone sitting next to gwen.

"her phone's still off." gwen sighs as she tried to call cristina for the thousand time.

"no, uh, derek, all she said was, that's how it goes." meredith continues. "last night after the ceremony. and than that smug idiot's speech was a 20-minute ode to himself."

"ma'am, we're shutting the doors." a flight attendant informs meredith standing by gwen.

"she'll just be one second." gwen fake smiles at the woman in front of her who walked away then.

"his research wasn't even research." meredith complains totally ignoring the flight attendant and her request. "i read his paper on lymph nodes. it sounded plagiarised."

"i'm very sorry, but you'll need to put your phone away." the flight attendant stresses her as she came back.

"she heard you." gwen tells the woman who only nods.

"i'll call you when we land." meredith tells derek before hanging up.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"apparently, mommy won't answer me." mark looks down at his phone while holding piper with one arm. "hailey, time to put on your shoes, sweetie."

he was about to sat piper down when there was a knock on the frontdoor.

opening it he saw amelia standing there.

"i should have called. i know." was the only thing amelia says walking into the house.

"uh..." mark looks confused at her presence.

"but if i called, you'd have said no." she continues not really paying attention to mark. "and then i wouldn't get to see how grown up you are." she tells hailey who played with her barbie stuff. "hailey, wow. look at you. what are you like, 16 now?"

she then stood up turning to mark and piper.

"and i wanted to meet my niece. i only saw her on facetime with gwen. where is gwen by the way?" amelia finally noticed her sister not being there.

"um... hello to you, too." mark sarcastically greets her still completely confused. "i haven't talked to you in years. amelia, what are you doing here?"

mark really wanted to know why she's here.

did gwen knew about her visit and didn't tell him?

"a thing happened." amelia confesses to which mark nods. "james proposed." she helds up her hand showing the ring.

"ah, congratulations." mark smiles.

who the hell was james? mark asks himself.

he should start listening to the things gwen told him.