eighty six

it was in the morning when gwen sat in the bathroom. she had a bad feeling since a few week and of course she hopes it's because of this one certain reason.

she took an pregnancy test from the clinic and peed on it.

"please be positive. please be positive. please be positive. please, god, let me be pregnant." gwen mumbles walking up and down in the bathroom.

she has to be pregnant. they waited for so long, that she has to be pregnant. she'll be pregnant. she knew it. she had this feeling.

she sat back down on the toilet seat tapping with her foot on the floor nervously.

she took the test back in her hand to see the results.

"gwen? is everything okay? you've been in there for quite some time." mark calls from the other site of the door.

"i'll be right there." gwen shouts back.

"come on, gwen. i have my ultrasound appointment today." callie says.

gwen looked at the test once more before throwing him away.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood together with arizona in an exam room. lucy was doing an ultrasound on callie.

"look!" arizona beams all of their eyes fixed on the monitor.

"nice size." lucy nods. "good looking placenta."

"is that an arm?" callie asks pointing at a spot on the screen.

"yep." lucy answered.

"aww." arizona and gwen beamed.

"all good. everything looks good." lucy smiles.

after callie was finished she and arizona left the room.

"hey, lucy can ask you something?" gwen walks over to the blonde.

"yeah, what's up, gwen?" lucy looks up at her.

"i need an appointment with you." gwen says getting lucy's fully attention.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"ricky. big day." gwen smiles entering her patients room together with lexie and jackson.

"bring it on." ricky chuckles.

"is this your sister?" gwen asks looking at the girl next to ricky.

"this is my girlfriend. julia." ricky informs her.

"your kidding. he's been talking about you for months." gwen smiles.

"i figured if there's ever a day to take off work, it's when your boyfriend's getting new lungs." julia tells them.

"smart. she waited for the real fun." gwen says before turning to her residents. "all right, let's do this."

"well, your new lungs should leave portland in about two hours. you haven't taken any of your cystic fibrosis meds since last night, right?" jackson asks the patient.

"no food, no water, no drugs." ricky replies.

"great. so we'll just do one last workup and then we'll get you to the o.r." lexie adds.

"and julia, write down you number, please, and give it to dr.grey." gwen tells her looking down at ricky's chart.

"why?" julia asks slightly panicked wich got unnoticed by gwen.