sixty six

gwen was in the living room doing sport. she did this to clear her head a little bit. mark still wants them to get married today. wich made gwen a little bit nervous. so she did sport.

she was doing some push ups when callie walked in smiling bridely.

"today... feels like the day to me." callie said closing the door gwen not looking at her. "i think, by the close of this business today, i've got cartilage in a bottle."

but gwen didn't answer she just continued with the push ups.

"what's with you?" callie asks.

"i'm doing sport." gwen said lying on her back to do some crunches.

"you never do sport." callie states.

"you never see me doing sport. how do think i'm keeping myself healthy?" gwen asks as callie walked in to the open kitchen.

"don't lie to me? you are trying to avoid something." callie said making gwen stand up.

"mark and i are gonna get marry today. in the city hall." gwen confesses making callie's eyes widen.

"seriously?" callie asks shocked. "doesn't seem like the day for it."

"so many people die. so many people don't get to be with the person they love. so yeah, i'm gonna go get married today because i think it's important to take the time to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." gwen said.

the two woman looked long at each other.

"i love you calliope torres." gwen smiles making callie chuckles.

"you have changed." callie smiles.

"maybe i have." gwen said walking over to her. "what?"

"i'm gonna hug you." callie said before taking gwen in her arms.

gwen smiled while hugging her best friend.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen got paged by alex to examine a patient. she was hearing todd's, the patients, breath sounds with her stethoscope.

"there she is. by your kidney." gwen announces.

"my heart is by my kidney?" todd asks with furrowed brows.

"that's why it was hard to hear your heartbeat." jackson adds.

"and without a second lung in your chest cavity, your heart sort of drifted." gwen explians. "it's called postpneumonectomy syndrome. and the shifting caused bronchial compression. that's why you weren't able to breathe."

"i'm the biggest bitch in the world." molly, todd's girlfriend, sighed.

"can you put it back where it goes?" todd asks gwen.

"yes. we're gonna use saline implants in your chest to keep it in place." gwen replies.

"implants? like what they use for..." molly trailed off.

"fake boobs." alex finished earning a glare from gwen.

"you wann put...? i can't have...no. i'm a guy. okay? i'm a guy's guy." todd insisted.

"well, you won't actually see them." gwen tries to calm him down.

"yeah, but still. i mean, come on man, you know what i'm saying." todd turned to alex and jackson. "i mean, how am i supposed to, you know..."

"what, pick up woman?" molly asked outraged letting go of her boyfriends hand. "you mean, how do you explain your boobs to the next chick dumb enough to date you?"