ninety seven

gwen stood in the living room early in the morning finishing to cut arizona's hair.
hailey watched her observantly while chewing in some purred banana.

"okay, take a look." gwen gives arizona a mirror. "i took a little more off this time."

"no, i love it. hey, look." arizona turns to callie who looked up from the newspaper she was reading on the couch.

"ooh. i want that. move." callie chuckles throwing the newspaper away.

"i've got surgery in an hour, so we'll do you tomorrow." gwen informs callie who was switching places arizona. then she turned to hailey who got banana all over her face. "and you, i will see tonight at zola's party. yes?"

in that moment mark walked out of the bedroom only with boxers.

"you on a run?" he asks his wife.

"yeah, and you have to clean up our daughter." gwen informs him putting on shoes and jacket.

"i will." he assures. "love you."

"love you too." gwen calls from the door before closing it.

"if i had known that she can cut hair i would never have broken up with her." arizona chuckles looking at herself in the mirror again.

"i know. she's good at everything." mark smirks taking a napkin to clean hailey's face.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen got paged down to the e.r to a trauma patient. she entered the trauma room together with cristina.

"a 32-year-old ran his bike into a wrought iron fence." the paramedic explains.

"yeah, and this is the fence going directly into his heart. i know how to deal with these injuries." gwen nodded.

"could you remove it thoracoscopically?" cristina asks from the other side of the patient.

"no, that's when the poor guy dies, because if you do that, you won't have a direct visual." gwen explains doing an ultrasound on the men's chest.

"plenty of people use the vats technique to remove impaled objects." cristina reminds her.

"get him up to ct and page me when they're done." gwen instructs leaving the room again.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood at a nurses station waiting for the pictures when mark approached her.

"hailey is cleaned up playing in the daycare. i'm the best dad on earth." mark smiles walking closer to his wife.

"i know that you're a good dad." gwen assures him.

"do you got some time?" mark asks.

"i do actually. i'm waiting for ct's-" but gwen got cut off by mark who pushed her into a supply closet. "ohh, time for that. i understand."

mark smirked kissing her long and deeply. then he took off her shirt showing a red laced bra.

"oh, i love it when you wear red. you know that." mark whispers against her ear.

"i did it on purpose." gwen informs him taking off his shirt as well.

"you're a naughty girl." mark seduces her as he kissed along her chest.

"ohh, yeah. a naughty girl." gwen agrees as he lifts her to push her against the door.

"i want to take you right now and here." mark says to her.