one hundred seventy six

then the doorbell ring.

"i get it." meredith shouts.

mark kissed gwen's neck causing gwen to turn her head. doing this she catch a look over meredith's shoulder causing her face to drop.

she knew this woman. she knew her very good.

"meredith this is penny." callie smiles. "penny this is meredith."

suddenly gwen let her glass fell down causing some to look at her.

that is the woman that killed derek.

"are you okay?" mark whispers into his wife ear.

"penny, it's a pleasure. won't you come in?" meredith smiles letting the two into the house. "you can put your coats right in here. can i get either of you something to drink? wine, beer, margarita?"

"oh, margarita sounds good, but i'm on call, so i have what gwen's having." callie smiles at her best friend who was frozen in place.

penny looked at the blond also recognizing her from that night.

"i'm fine." penny replies to meredith. 

"what? no." callie shakes her head. "i'm the one on call, not you. come on, have some fun tonight. i'm driving. white wine for you?" penny nods looking over at the other two women once again. "yeah. white wine for her."

"coming right up." meredith says brushing past gwen.

"i don't think this is a good idea. we should leave." penny quietly tells callie but gwen and meredith both heard it nonetheless.

"what? that's crazy." callie replies.

"it's just- it's too much too soon." penny stutterts.

"relax. everyone is going to love you." callie assures her.

callie looked over at gwen who still hadn't move which starts to worry callie as well as mark and penny.

gwen in meanwhile tries her hardest not to faint from her heart setting out.

"so, penny, this is my best friend dr.gwendolyn shepherd." callie walks over with penny towards the blond who put the fakest smile on her face which mark noticed immediatly. "gwen this is penny. the woman i told you about."

"it's nice to meet you." penny smiles.

"likewise." gwen shortly replies.

"and this is her husband dr.mark sloan." callie points at the tall man who suspiciously eyed the new woman in front of him.

"it's a pleasure to meet you. i only heard good stuff about you." mark smiles charmingly shaking penny's hand.

"would you excuse me." gwen smiles running down the hall into the bathroom.

she closed the door and locked it. she then walked over to the sink leaning against it.

just breath. just breath.

gwen tries her hardest to breath slowly but it just wouldn't work.

she slid down the cabinet putting a hand over her mouth so people outside couldn't hear her crying.

"you're okay, you're okay, you're okay." gwen whispers ro herself.

she tried to slow down her pulse hoping that it's not getting any worse.

"baby? everything all right?" mark asks knocking on the door. "i'm worrying."

"i'm okay. just had to use the bathroom, you know?" gwen replies standing up. she walked over to the door and exited the bathroom with a smile on her face. "let's go, have a drink."