4x08 Mid-Season Finale

The Walking Dead

Season 4

Episode 8

New World Order

Previously On WillBrennan7’s The Walking Dead…

“There was one part of me, long ago that made me think I like him” says Gwen as she, Hannah, and Terry shoot at walkers. “We’ve got to find Gwen” says Anthony, as he and Ian punch each other. “I’ve got to tell you something” Riley says to Bob, as Anthony walks out. Anthony is then tackled by walkers, who are shot by a man who says “I’m Daniel Maine”, and Anthony follows him into the trees.

         Anthony could hear walkers in the dark trees as he followed Daniel’s outline through them. “This way” Daniel said, as a walker emerged, and he stabbed it in the head. Daniel ran right as the two got out of the forest and saw a dark truck surrounded by walkers. Both Anthony and Daniel shot at the walkers, and they all fell to the ground. “Get in, NOW”, Daniel shouted, as he shot another walker. They both jumped in, and Daniel slammed his foot on the pedal and they shot off.

           After taking a few heavy breaths, Anthony looked at Daniel and said “Thank you.” “All living people got to stick together, am I right?” Daniel said. “Yeah, you are” Anthony said. “Names Anthony Freed. Didn’t get to tell you ‘cause the walkers were surrounding us.” “You shouldn’t have to tell me your name if it risks your life” Daniel said, as the two drove further on.

            Daniel looked over at Anthony and asked “Anymore of you?” “Yeah” said Anthony. “But, I left.” “Why?” Daniel asked. “We’re missing a few group members” said Anthony. “About a week ago we were living at a museum, but it got attacked. We all split up. I was with my son, three members of our group, Gwen, Hannah, and Terry were together, and luckily everyone else got out, except one of us.” “I’m sorry” said Daniel. “So, you’re out here looking for Gwen, Hannah, and Terry?” “Yeah” said Anthony. “Mostly Gwen.” “Why her?” Daniel asked. “She’s my best friend” said Anthony. “We’ve known each other for years. I can’t live without her, you know?”

               “I can help you find her” Daniel said. “I can’t ask you to do that” said Anthony. “I insist” said Daniel. “I always love reuniting lost friends.” He then put a strange grin on his face, before looking out onto the road. “What’s you’re set up like?” Anthony asked. Daniel stared out into the horizon as Anthony asked “Daniel?” “Oh sorry” said Daniel. “Just daydreaming.”

(Cue Walking Dead Intro Music)

                 Gwen loaded her gun and the three ran out of their car. Gwen shot the nearest walker as Hannah chopped a walker’s head off. Terry sent a machete through the next one before shooting at several. The walkers started surrounding them as Gwen said “There’s a path that way.” Hannah and Terry nodded before shooting their guns forward and running through the path. One walker grabbed Gwen, but Terry luckily saw and shot it in the face. “You alright?” Terry asked. “Yeah, let’s go” Gwen said, as the three ran off into the woods.

                   They ran for a while, passing the occasional walker as they did. Soon, however, they stopped running, and just walked. “That walker didn’t scratch you, right?” “No” said Gwen. “I’m fine.” “Guys” said Hannah. “I think there’s a town up ahead.” They looked forward and could see a few buildings. “Maybe there are supplies” said Terry. “Or the others” said Gwen, as they walked forward.