The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Season 1

Episode 1

What’s Left Of Humanity  

             “RUN.”

    He grabbed her arm and the two ran down the road. The horde of walkers was gaining fast as the two turned right on the black road. “Where’s William and Carly?” panted Gwen as she reloaded her gun. She turned and took a shot at the nearest walker. It hit its face and chunks flew into the others as its body fell to the floor. “They were in a store up ahead” Anthony panted back as he pulled her right again.

         He led her to a nearby store, which was brick red, not just because blood splattered the outside walls. He pushed the door opened, pulled her inside, and then went to shut it. The hundreds of walkers were pushing so it made Anthony’s job harder. He hit a walker with the brick he held in his hand, and now he just had to get another, then the door would shut. Before he could get something to hit it, there was a gunshot and it flew back into its comrades. Anthony slammed the door shut, panting. He turned and faced a man with light blonde hair, pointing a smoking gun at the door. “Who in the name of the lord above are you?” he asked, pointing the gun at Anthony. He just panted.

(Cue Walking Dead Intro Music)

           “I asked you a question boy” the man said, shaking the gun. “He’s with us, he’s are friend” said a man with spiked up brown hair who Anthony recognized. It was a member of his group, William Hunt, standing next to his sister, Carly Hunt. “Yeah” said Carly. “He’s our friend. So is she” and she pointed at Gwen. The man put his gun down and said “Your names?” “Anthony Freed” said Anthony. “Gwen Foster” said Gwen. “Where have you guys been?” “They saved us from the walkers” said William. “We were going to come back. We were just so hungry and they offered.” “Your name?” asked Anthony. “David Combs” said David. “Frank Collins” said a man with red hair. “I’m Kevin Frederickson” said a man with no hair and a bushy brown mustache. “This is my daughter Quinn” and he pointed at a little girl with short brown hair. “Riley Wayne” said a girl with long blonde hair and enormous glasses. “Peter Johnson” said a man with spiked black hair. “Kate Wilson” said a girl with long dark red hair. “Tyler Williams” said an Asian boy with brown hair and mustache. “Bob Jameson” said a black man with short brown hair and a goatee. “Wyatt Harley” said a man with a dark blonde mullet and large mustache. “John Peterson” said the last man with dark black hair and a beard. “William here” said David. “Has been telling us that they only met you two days ago. What have you guys been up to ever since this thing started?” Anthony didn’t want to talk about his life, so he started from two days ago.

48 Hours Earlier

                  A shriek of terror reached his mind as he stared into the prickling fire. He could picture it, the blood everywhere, his son screaming, and his wife, holding him, telling him to end it. These images flashed in his head as he realized the sun was coming up. “You’ve been up all night” yawned a blonde haired woman stepping out from the tent opposite him. “No” he said, scratching his black haired head and then scratching his black beard. “I just woke up a few minutes ago. Thought I’d keep watch.” This was a lie. He had slept, but only for an hour. The horrible pictures formed in his sleep, and he couldn’t bare it. “I thought I heard a walker, but nothing came” he finished. Gwen stretched, loaded her gun and said “We should move on.”