Season 1 Episode 3

The Walking Dead

Season 1

Episode 3

Infection

          There were hundreds, maybe thousands of walkers on that highway. They walked along, in search of food. Near them were a few blankets, medicine, and food. The steaks had already been eaten, but there was still some leftover food.

          A woman came running out of the woods, screaming at the top of her lungs. As she looked around for help, a walker came up from behind and bit her. She fell to the ground and all of the other walkers swarmed her. She reached out for help, but the only thing there was a little stuffed animal, a rabbit, that belonged to Quinn Frederickson.

(Cue Walking Dead Intro Music)

             Everything was in slow-motion. Kevin groaned, Quinn cried, William wrapped, and Gwen looked. Anthony’s eyes moved down to the bite mark on Kevin’s shoulder and he felt sad. Then, Anthony heard the loading of a gun. He looked up and saw David raise the gun.

            Anthony pointed his at his head and said “We don’t kill the living.” David looked at him and said “Listen, when you get bit, you get put down. It’s as simple as that.” “He’s got a kid for Christ’s sake” said William. “That doesn’t matter” said David. “She’s got to learn the rules of this world.”

            “There’s got to be a way” said Anthony as he tried to think of something. “Look” said David. “He got bit, so he’s got to get put down. We can say our goodbye’s, and let that be it.” “Don’t hurt my daddy” said Quinn as she hugged her father whose breathing was shallow.

               “Gwen” said Anthony. “Are there any meds in there that could help?” “Not that I can see, no” said Gwen. “Then we need to head to some store” said Anthony. “No” said David. “He got bit. We’ve all seen it happen.” “Maybe if we treat it regularly, it could work.”

                 David immediately walked to the wall and slapped it. “Do you not understand what happened?” asked David. “I do.” “Have you ever treated a bite before?” asked Anthony. David immediately stopped talking. “Have you?” repeated Anthony. “No” said David. “Neither have I” said Anthony. “But, maybe if we try hard enough, it could work.” “Fine” said David. ‘But, if he ends up getting one of us, it’s on you.”

                    “Okay” said Anthony. “David, Gwen, Carly, William, and I will go out for the supplies. We’ll be back in a few hours.” “What if he dies?” whispered Tyler so Quinn wouldn’t hear. “Put him down, but not in front of her” said Anthony. “We’ll be back soon.”

                      “Come on” said Gwen. “There’s a garage full of cars and there’s keys.” They walked down to the garage, got into a random car, and then drove off toward the town. “What if he does die?” asked Gwen as they drove. “He won’t” said Anthony. “We’ll be back in time.”