Episode 2

The Walking Dead

Season 1

Episode 2

Always Look Behind You

             The low growl of the walkers outside was heard through the broken window. Anthony Freed sat on the living room floor, covered in blood, a gun in his hand. He looked down at the bloody mass at his feet and felt the color drain from his face as there was a creak overhead.

              His head snapped up, as if he could see through the ceiling. He got up, ran behind the couch, and sat. He glanced over the couch and saw a figure in the shadows. He ducked again and then ran behind the chair next to the fire. The person then walked into the room and looked around.

              Anthony then jumped up, aimed his gun, and pulled the trigger. There was a click, but it did not fire. He was out of ammo. The person then took their hood off revealing a blonde haired woman. “Gwen” said Anthony, lowering the gun. Gwen’s eyes sparkled as she stared at her long lost friend.

(Cue Walking Dead Intro Music)

               William lit the wood on fire as the rest of the group set up their tents. The memory of reuniting with Gwen was flooding Anthony’ mind as he sat next to the fire to warm up. He looked across the way and saw David, sitting there, staring into the flames.

                  “Are you okay?” Anthony asked him hesitantly. David looked up at him, and then back into the fire before saying “We just gave up a perfect home. It was secure and there was supplies.” “Walkers flooded it” said Anthony. “We could’ve took care of them” said David. “No we couldn’t have” said William. “If we did and survived, we would’ve wasted ammo and drawn more. It’s good that we left.” This seemed to silence David, but Anthony knew he would attack at another point.

                      Just then, there was a noise of a twig braking in the trees. William drew his gun and pointed it to the woods. Then, Peter, John, and Bob emerged, carrying a rabbit, a fox, and a squirrel. “Dinner” grunted Bob as they set the animals down. “We could have that” said Gwen. “Or we can have this” and she pulled out the steaks. “Uh huh” said David. “That’s dinner. We can have those when we run out of these.”

                         “Look Guys” said Tyler. “We can’t keep living out here. We need supplies and a home. We can’t live like animals.” “Kids got a point” said Kevin. “We wouldn’t be living out here if we hadn’t given up” started David” but Peter said “Dude if you mention that place one more time you’ll become the fox.” “Hey kid, why don’t you come say that to my face and will see who’s the fox” said David, loading his gun.

                        “Stop fighting” said Anthony. “We don’t need this. All we need is what Tyler said: supplies and a home. We can stay here for the night, but tomorrow, we’re heading up the road. Maybe to find supplies, maybe to find a home, maybe to find a bigger group, maybe to find lost loved ones” and he stopped abruptly. Gwen saw this and she said “Let’s just get to bed. We’ll have a few people take watch.”