4x17

The Walking Dead

Season 4

Episode 17

The Calm Before

Previously On WillBrennan7’s The Walking Dead…

“It’s a new world order” says Daniel, as Gwen says “I’ll come back for you.” Anthony shoots half of Daniel’s hand off as the group fights walkers in front of the mall. William sees a car and says “We were being watched.” Then, the police department blows off and Daniel shouts “WE HAVE TWO OF YOU” and Anthony collapses to the ground.

         The car pulled into the parking lot as William and Bob helped Anthony out. The others ran out and Anthony heard Ted say “What happened?” “Where are Gwen and Hannah?” asked Kate. “Dad?” Sam said. Anthony looked at them all, who clearly wanted answers. He pushed through them all and walked into the mall.

          “What’s wrong with him?” asked Carly. “Daniel was waiting for us” said William. “We fought, and he took Gwen and Hannah. David and Terry were shot, but they’re fine. When Anthony found out Gwen and Hannah were gone, he just broke down. He hasn’t said a word to us.”

         “Oh my god” said Kate, who pulled Tyler into a hug. “Daniel’s preparing to make his move” said David, who was holding a bandage against his shoulder. “We think he’s coming soon” said Terry. “How are we supposed to fight without Anthony to lead us?” asked Fred. “He’ll come back” said William. “He’ll be like this for a little bit, but he’ll be back.” “Let’s get inside” said Ian. “The walkers see us.”

           As they walked in, Carly cornered William. “Are you sure he’ll come back?” asked Carly. “It’s Anthony” said William. “He’ll be fine, and he’ll make it.” “The woman he loves was just taken by our worst enemy” said Carly. “And he knows perfectly well, she could be hurt in any kind of way.” “He’ll make it Carly” said William. “He’ll be fine.”

           “WILLIAM” Sam shouted, and William and Carly ran down the hall. Anthony was sitting in front of the gate full of walkers, and stared at their grotesque faces. “We use this, when Daniel comes” he said, looking back at them. Carly looked at William, who looked back, a worried expression on his face.

(Cue Walking Dead Intro Music)

              The light was like the blazing sun as Gwen opened her eyes. She was tied to a chair, and Hannah was next to her, staring ahead. Franklin North and Daniel Maine as well as another man stood in front of them, with smiles on their faces. “We were just telling your friend what we were going to do to your little boyfriend, Gwen” said Franklin. “I guess we can tell you, too, but I warn you, it’s graphic.” “Franklin, I wouldn’t be so confident” said Gwen. “We’ve already killed half of you, so you should be worried.”

           Franklin walked over and backhanded Gwen, when Daniel said “Enough. We’ll do the rest later in front of Anthony.” Daniel pulled a chair forward and sat down. “Now Gwen” he said. “I hope you understand, that we didn’t want to do all of this. Your people could have lived here in harmony, under our protection, if you would have just let me rule you. I mean, look at where this war’s led us. It’s destroyed my hand” and he raised his hand. “At least I’m a lefty. But, all you have to do to end this is declare me your leader, and we’ll give you protection.”