8x23 THE PENULTIMATE EPISODE

The Walking Dead

Season 8

Episode 23

Misery

Previously On WillBrennan7's The Walking Dead...

"We are one unified group" Anthony says, as Sam shoots his father in the head, and there is a grave. "I'm Max" Max says, as the group walks into the walls of TFL. "He knew my dad" Sam says, as Jarrod raises his hands up. "These people are animals" Jacob says, as Molly is shot through the stomach. "When we find a safe place, we'll have a baby" Terry says, as he and Vivian kiss. "NO" Sam screams, as Adam and Andrew cry over Nick's body. "That's a leader" Amy says, as the townspeople clap at Sam. "I'm so excited for your death" Sebastian says, knocking Terry out.

The sun was rising over the large trees. It shined down on the half built up wall to TFL. Jason stood on the wall, staring down the road. He watched for any sign of walkers, but he saw nothing. The orange light from the distant sun shined down on him, and a smile formed on his face. There was a sparkle in his eye, as he watched the beautiful sunrise.

Heather poured water down onto a plant, as Hannah approached. "Where's Sam?" she asked, looking down at Heather. "He's checking with Ted and the blacksmiths" Heather said, continuing to pour the water. "He wants to see the progress they've made on the weapons they've been making."

"Oh okay" said Hannah. "I'll go meet him after I see Viv." "What do you need her for?" Heather asked, standing up and facing Hannah. "She's not on her post right now" Hannah said. "Cecil's covering it, but I want to know why she wasn't there." "Oh" said Heather. "Last I saw her she was headed to Bella's. Maybe she needed Hector for something." Heather walked off and into the house, as Hannah said "Yeah, maybe."

Jason watched for walkers, as he spotted two roaming towards him. He aimed his silenced weapon, but a voice said "Can I?" He turned and faced Max, whose eyes were very red, and there were dry tears on them. Jason looked at him, and said "Yeah, sure." He handed Max the rifle, who took it. He aimed down the sight, before firing the gun. He took one of them out, and the second tripped over its companion. Max aimed down and fired again, and that walker was taken out.

Max lowered the gun, as Jason asked "How are you doing?" Max looked at him, and said "I'm...doing..." Max looked down, and said "It doesn't get easier." "No" said Jason. "It doesn't." He went silent, before saying "But, it doesn't get harder." Max simply nodded.

There was then a rustle in the trees. Jason took the rifle from Max and aimed down the sight, but saw nothing there. "Maybe just an animal" said Jason. "Maybe not" Max said, drawing his machete. However, there was nothing indicating that someone was there. Jason lowered his gun, and sad "We should stay on high alert." "Yeah" said Max, as he walked off.

A man ran off down the road, before he soon jumped onto a motorcycle and drove off. He drove for a few minutes, before pulling over in front of a convoy of vehicles. "Fuckers almost saw me" the man said, approaching the others. "Doesn't matter" said a voice. A man stepped out of a van, and Sebastian said "They know we're out here." He then pulled Terry and Adam out of the van. The two looked frightened, as Sebastian said "But they don't know we have them."

(Cue Walking Dead Intro Music)

Ted pulled opened a door, and Sam saw several blacksmiths working. "We've made about fifty boxes of ammo for every type of gun we have" Ted said. "We've made plenty of knives and machete's. We also made some cool weapons of our own." He lifted up a bat wrapped in barbed wire and said "God, I wish we'd have thought of this sooner. It's a great weapon."