Season 2 Episode 2

The Walking Dead

Season 2

Episode 2

Safety Behind The Wall

          The car drove on as the wind whipped their faces. Tyler looked around at the surrounding trees. The walkers growled on the ground and reached out to them, but they seemed to be stuck. Tyler was revolted as he saw there smashed up legs.

           Quinn also seemed disgusted, but she just looked at Kate who smiled down at her. “Just don’t look at them” she said and pulled Quinn into a hug. Tyler smiled at them, took a book out of his bag, and said “Quinn, this is a great fantasy book. Why don’t you try to read it before sundown?” Quinn smiled and said “I’ll try.” She took the book and began to read.

            “Oh no” said Frank as he looked down the road. The truck started to slow down as the rest of them saw the group of walkers down the road. “We’ve got to go this way” said a woman in the truck. “I know” said a man. “But, the stalkers are there. What are we going to do?” “We kill them” said the other man and he jumped out of the truck with a machine gun.

              Tyler jumped out of the truck and asked “Is there another way?” “No” said the man and he immediately started shooting the walkers. Kate threw Tyler’s gun to him and he started helping the man. As he shot, he could see walkers in the trees coming.

              He started shooting those walkers, but the man said “Just focus on these ones.” Tyler started shooting the road walkers as the others started helping. Within minutes, most of the walkers were dead. “Get in the truck” said the man and they obeyed. They climbed in as the people in the other car got into theirs. Then, they started to drive off.  Tyler saw, as they approached the walkers bodies, that two were still alive. “WATCH OUT” he shouted, but Thomas Crane drove right into the walkers, who flew out of the way and into the grass. The walkers in the trees started to follow, but the people in the other car shot them down.

(Cue Walking Dead Intro Music)

                Anthony awoke to the rustling of things. He turned and saw Sam, rolling around in the jacket he was using for a blanket. Gwen was standing outside, her gun in her hand, looking at the forest. Anthony sat up, opened the door, and walked out.

                 “No walkers” said Gwen as she looked over at him. “Did you hear any?” asked Anthony. “I thought I did” she said. “But, it was just a squirrel” and she lifted a dead squirrel. “Good” said Anthony with a smile. He then took out a map and spread it across the hood of the car.

                   “I reckon that if we go east” said Anthony. “We might reach some sort of home.” “Shouldn’t we try to find the others?” asked Gwen. “We’ll try” said Anthony. “But, I really think it’d be better to find a place. You know, for Sam.” Gwen nodded, but reluctantly.

                   An hour later, Anthony shook Sam. “Come on, get up” said Anthony. “We’ve got to go, and you’ve got to grab your stuff.” Sam nodded, stretched, grabbed his things outside, and threw it into the back of the truck. Then, Anthony, Gwen, and he got into the truck and drove off.