Season 1 Episode 6

The Walking Dead

Season 1

Episode 6

The Hunt

        The school bus turned up Charity Lane as it stopped at each house the kids lived. The large, white house at the end of the lane was the last one to receive their child. The boy ran out of the school bus, waved to his friends, and then got into his house.

         “Mom, Dad” the boy said as he ran into the kitchen. “Hey Sam” said the father, patting his head. His mother kissed his forehead and Sam took out a piece of paper. “Look at what I painted” said Sam as he showed it to them. It was a picture of himself and a meteor, painted beautifully.

         “Wow” said his mother. “That’s great” said his father. “Thanks Dad” said Sam. “Can Ben come over tonight? It’s Friday and I did paint this.” His parents looked at each other, and his dad said “If it’s alright with Ben’s parents, then sure.”

            “Thanks” said Sam before hugging them. “I love you.” “We love you too” said his mother. “We really do” said his father. “I’ll go call Ben” said Sam and he ran out of the room. His mother sighed as his father started to leave.

            “Anthony” said his mother. Anthony Freed looked back at her and said “Rebecca, he’s so happy right now. I think he deserves more happiness.” “What if it’s not true?” asked Rebecca, standing up. “We’ll go to the doctor tomorrow and see” said Anthony. “But I feel confident that there’s another baby boy in your stomach.”

              “Oh really, it’s not a girl” she said with a laugh. She smiled and kissed him. “We’ll tell him tomorrow” said Anthony with a smile. Rebecca nodded and then said “I’ll start dinner. You go and do whatever you do.” Anthony nodded, kissed Rebecca again, and then left the room.

              That night, Sam was asleep on the couch. Ben and he were in the middle of watching a movie, but Sam slept from everything else they did that day. Ben’s parents came for him two minutes beforehand. Anthony stood in the doorway, smiling at his son. Anthony walked up to his son, kissed his forehead, and said “Goodnight baby boy. In a few months, you’ll have a sibling. I know it.” Anthony placed a blanket over Sam and then turned the lights off, not noticing Sam’s smile.

                Anthony walked into the kitchen and started reading a book. He had a mid-night snack, and felt his head falling. He was so exhausted from working that day as a teacher. He walked to the refrigerator, and smiled. The painting hung on the refrigerator, right next to a picture of the family. “We’ll have to replace that” he said with a smile, looking at his family.

               He walked out of the kitchen, looked at the painting one last time, and then shut off the lights and walked off. The painting and picture were sent into darkness. A few moments later, the picture of the family fell, symbolizing their possible doom.

(Cue Walking Dead Intro Music)