Chapter 84

That night, the [Official Gods War Professional League – Chinese Division] Weibo account released a statement—

Season 10 Regular Season, Round One, Week One, Group B. Tianhuan vs NTG, 2-0 victory. The first pentakill of the season has been delivered. Please follow the link: [highlights video]

It was Thursday, and the game had been between two teams from Group B. Less than 20% of fans of the league actually watched the game live at the venue or online. There was no way for this turnout to compare to that of Group S matches on the weekends.

However, many people would read the game summaries and watch the game highlights released by the official pro league account. These highlights were only around two minutes long, anyway, and they always featured the most spectacular kills. No one minded spending a bit of time to watch them casually.

The [Official Gods War Professional League – Chinese Division] Weibo account had over 150 million followers. As soon as they released that highlights video, it racked up over a hundred thousand views. A thick wave of comments started to flood in as well.

[Holy shit? This is Tianhuan's new omega mid laner?]

[A pentakill with the Abyssal Lord, that's insanely cool!]

[I can't even believe it. First match in Group B, and we already have a pentakill. And it was taken by this little omega gege. Dumbstruck.jpg]

[I clicked into this video to see how Tianhuan was going to lose, but they actually won? And they got a pentakill?]

The fans who'd stopped following Tianhuan earlier, due to their crushing disappointment, saw that 2-0 match score and tentatively clicked into the video. And what they saw…

All their eyes were drawn to Tianhuan's brand new mid laner.

At the start of the first game, the mid laner got a solo kill on the enemy mid laner. Then he went down to the bottom lane to assist, getting a double kill. And then, when the two teams clashed over the grand dragon, he got a pentakill!

This guy was going to make a name for himself in just one game!

[Ahhhhh, I seriously regret not watching this match! Officials, hurry up and release the full video!]

[Right now all I care about is @Tianhuan Esports Club quickly giving us this little Lieyang gege's Weibo account info!]

[Tianhuan-Lieyang, I just looked him up. But there were no results?]

[It can't be that he's so shy that he doesn't want to start a Weibo account, right? Hurry up, someone open one for him!]

At that time, Tianhuan's players were still happily chowing down on a delicious hotpot dinner in Glacier City.

Tang Can's cell phone suddenly rang.

The little mei in charge of Tianhuan's official Weibo account urgently chattered, “Can-jie, is Little Ye there? The league account just posted the highlights clip of his pentakill, and a ton of fans are running over from there to check out our team's Weibo account. They're practically breaking down our doors! Everyone is asking us to give them our little omega gege's Weibo info, or they're going to knife us.”

Tang Can looked over at Ye Shaoyang, who was very focused on eating a beef meatball. She offered her phone to him. “The girl from the social media team is calling. Shaoyang, can you talk to her for a sec?”

Ye Shaoyang took the cell phone and wiped his mouth, then smiled and said, “Hello, is something the matter?”

“Little Ye, ah. I just took a look at your personal Weibo account, it's still called 'Streamer Xiao Bai'. Our team Weibo needs to make an official announcement about our victory, and when we do, we'll be mentioning all the players. We can't leave you out, right?” the social media girl said, still rattling off her words urgently. “The boss just gave me a call and said that your pentakill in your first game made you famous right away, so this is the best time for us to make an announcement! Could you help us out by changing your Weibo name as soon as possible?”