Chapter 64

The esports stadium in the capital city was even bigger than the venue in Star City. It was the capital, after all. The capital stadium was also more impressive than other esports arenas. Every year, the finals of the professional league were held here—at the biggest esports stadium in the country.

Tianhuan arrived at the venue at five. By then, quite a large crowd was already waiting to enter the stadium.

November in the capital was the tail end of autumn. The temperature was gradually dropping. Many of the spectators were wearing thick jackets, but their energy was far from frozen over. Their faces were filled up with excitement. Tonight, Team ICE-Binghun and Team Jingzhe would face off in a deciding match. Ye Shaoyang looked through the car window and saw many fans with banners of support for both teams.

Someone in the crowd suddenly shouted, “Team Tianhuan's car is here!”

A wave of people swarmed over, blocking their car's path. From outside, excited voiced called out—

“Captain Chi, Captain Chi!”

“Captain Chi, I love you!”

The car was forced to stop in the middle of the road. Chi Shuo rolled down the car window and flashed the fans a hand signal. The fans all shrieked, and immediately afterwards a girl's sobbing voice sounded out—

“Next season, I want to see you in the finals! Go, Tianhuan!”

The choked up voice almost seemed to pierce the skies.

The players in the car all had complex feelings in their hearts. Chi Shuo nodded to that girl and said in a low voice, “Thank you. We'll do our best. Everyone, get ready to enter the venue. Stay safe.”

A handsome, serious alpha with a deep, pleasant voice had a powerfully calming effect on people. He pointed to the place where people were queueing up to enter, indicating that everyone should go back. Their fans waved at the car while reluctantly slinking away.

Finally, the driver could advance. The car swiftly reached the underground parking garage.

Although Tianhuan didn't make it into the finals of the playoffs this season, they were still a long-established team with a decade of history. They had plenty of diehard fans. Cheng Xing, sitting to the side, quietly mumbled, “I used to be a fan of Tianhuan too. I went out to watch games live too. Tianhuan was seriously awesome in S6.”

Xie Xiaotian joked, “Mhm, everyone knows you're Captain Chi's diehard fan.”

Hearing that, Ye Shaoyang couldn't help but look over and ask, “So, Little Xing started out as a jungler in hopes of inheriting your idol's mantle?”

Cheng Xing's ears flushed red. He snuck a glance at Chi Shuo. “I just thought… playing jungler was pretty cool.”

A period of silence descended upon the car.

Chi Shuo, in S6, really had been very cool. He took multiple pentakills in the regular season, becoming the player with the most kills in that whole season and establishing himself as one of the top junglers in the Chinese division. Later, at the world championships, he was even more incomparable. Chi Shuo was only eighteen years old that year. He was like a new star, gradually rising into the sky. The hopes of many people from the Chinese division had been pinned on him.