Chapter 93

The Trapper was also a hero that had been washed away with the sewage; very few players used this hero in professional games these days. The reason was that the Trapper's skills were very unique—he could lay hidden snares on the ground. Enemies who stepped on his traps would be immobilized for 2.5 seconds, which was the longest duration for any control skill. However, the immobilization effect wasn't triggered instantaneously when the skills was used. The Trapper had to predict where his enemies would move.

Furthermore, it was very difficult for teammates to work well with this hero.

It was very possible that a teammate could want to kill Enemy A, only to have the Trapper ensnare Enemy B.

The Trapper couldn't do any damage in early-game, and even with the proper gear in late-game, his damage output wouldn't be significant. He was purely a 'control-oriented tool'.

Exactly what new tricks did Tianhuan intend to show off with this pick?

All the viewers were filled up with doubt as well as eager anticipation.

Both sides quickly finalized their lineups.

Tianhuan was running, as usual, the Black Dragon Knight in the top lane. They'd taken the Trapper for their jungle, the Destruction Mage for their middle lane, and the duo of the Blazing Angel and the Machine Gun Huntsman for their bottom lane.

Team CYC took a rather well-rounded lineup. In the top lane, they had the powerful Willful Sword. In the jungle, they had the Glacial Drake. In the middle lane, they had the Frost Goddess. And in the bottom lane, they had the very commonly seen duo of the Forest Envoy and the Divine Archer.

The two commentators began to analyze their formations.

“Tianhuan's team comp is quite original. We've never seen this in an official match before. CYC's lineup is easier to understand. This is a very traditional freeze comp. Their jungler, the Glacial Drake, can freeze an enemy, and their mid laner, the Frost Goddess, has an AoE freeze skill as well. If these two heroes can create a seamless control effect, they can immobilize the enemy for four whole seconds!”

“And so, both of Tianhuan's carries—Lieyang and Fanxing—have taken the 'cleanse' skill in this round, in order to nullify those control skills. Let's all turn our eyes to the big screens and see how these two teams will clash!”

The livestream also cut to footage of the game, and the round formally began.

Before the first round of buffs and minions spawned at the 90-second mark, both sides played it fairly safe. No one initiated a Level 1 fight.

When the first buffs spawned, CYC actually dared to invade Tianhuan's jungle to steal their red buff. They had clearly studied up on Tianhuan's old games and realized that Chi Shuo often went after their own red buff first. If CYC tried to steal Tianhuan's red buff now, they had a good chance of running into the Trapper, who was quite weak in early-game. As long as they could kill Chi Shuo, Tianhuan's support jungler wouldn't be able to help his team get into the groove.

But in this game, Tianhuan actually went for the blue first. The two teams coincidentally avoided each other.

Qu Jiang realized that the enemy was invading their territory. He placed a marker on the map and said, “They're stealing the red.”