Chapter 78

The next day, Xu Zhuo, Fang Zhengqing, and the others suddenly arrived in Star City as per their previous plans to get together for a big reunion meal. Chi Shuo considered it carefully for a while, then decided not to bring Ye Shaoyang to meet his friends for the time being. Their relationship status was still a little murky, after all. It wouldn't be too late to arrange another group dinner with friends once they were properly engaged.

While the five old friends ate, Xu Zhuo detected that Chi Shuo was clearly in a pretty good mood. He couldn't help but tease, "Chi Shuo, did something good happen in your life lately?"

Chi Shuo gravely answered, "Nothing much."

Fang Zhengqing said, "That omega you guys signed. Is he your starting support next season, or a substitute?"

Chi Shuo lifted his brows and looked at him. "This is a personal dinner, and you're probing for enemy intel?"

Fang Zhengqing grinned and said, "I just knew you wouldn't answer."

Chen Qianhua changed the subject and said, "I heard that Gods War is going to have a 10th anniversary update. There's probably going to be an official announcement in the next few days. Besides a new hero, this update is going to come with some changes to the game."

Xie Yuan sighed. "Looks like we'll have to quickly get used to the new version once we get back from our vacation. I wonder what position the next new hero will be? Last season, we just got the Abyssal Lord, so the new hero definitely won't be a mid laner."

Xu Zhuo said, "It should be a jungler. It's been a while since we got a new assassin, hasn't it?"

He looked towards Chi Shuo, and Chi Shuo nodded.

"Based on the usual rotation of positions for new heroes, the next one should be a jungler," Chi Shuo said. "Don't know if it'll be a support jungler or a jungler core."

Fang Zhengqing pushed up his glasses and smiled with his eyes as he said, "If we get a new jungler core, you won't need to practice with that hero. It would be banned by your opponents anyway. You wouldn't get a chance to play it."

Chen Qianhua laughed lightly. "Captain Fang really strikes at the heart with these words."

Chi Shuo was silent for a moment. "...Fang Zhengqing will pick up the bill today."

"No problem," Fang Zhengqing said. "I'll use your cell phone to pay."

The five of them chatted while they ate, finally parting ways after nightfall to each return to their own home. Right before they all disbanded, Chi Shuo called Xu Zhuo back and asked, "Old Xu, how are things going with Xie Weiyu?"

Xu Zhuo grinned and decided to keep everyone in suspense. "You'll know when you see us on the battlefield."

Chi Shuo gave each of them a hug.

"See you next season."

This was the last moment of friendliness before the new season would begin.

Once the games began in earnest, these people would all chase and kill Chi Shuo like crazy. There was really no regard for their friendship at all during games. Of course, the number of times Chi Shuo assassinated them also wouldn't be small.