Chapter 65

At half past six in the evening, the two teams competing in the S9 playoffs finals finally took the stage.

Thunderous applause roared through the stands.

Ye Shaoyang was sitting in a spectating area up on the second level. He could clearly feel the passion of everyone in the stands. Huge, billowing banners of support were unfurled in the back rows. The piercing shrieks of the fans could practically split open the sky.

Team Jingzhe, dressed in deep purple uniforms, and Team Binghun, dressed in white, took the stage from the left and right. They stood on the grand stage and bowed to the crowd, then immediately filed into their respective soundproofed rooms.

The cameras captured the faces of each player and splashed them onto the big screens while the official commentators began to introduce the players competing that night.

“Next up, we have a player who definitely isn't a stranger to any of you! Team Binghun's captain Chen Qianhua—a veteran player who debuted in S6. With four years of experience in the league, he has a wealth of experience in major games!”

The big screens displayed a close-up of Chen Qianhua's face. He looked at the camera in front of him with a faint smile, and waved a hand. Shrieks rippled through the stands again, and this time there were also fans who shouted, “Captain Chen, I want to have your babies!”

Those shouts elicited a wave of laughter.

This was Ye Shaoyang's first time seeing Chen Qianhua in person.

Graceful, handsome, and as warm as jade—there was no better way to describe this man. There were lots of handsome players in the professional league. Chen Qianhua was the type who looked plain at first glance, but the more you looked at him, the more pleasing to the eye he became. His smile was extremely warm and gentle.

However, when Team Binghun had been on the brink of elimination from the GPL, he had dragged them all the way back up to the stage of the finals. This person definitely wasn't as gentle or as much of a pushover as he appeared. The other players of Binghun, four alphas, were all willing to obediently listen to his commands. It was clear that this beta's charisma vastly exceeded that of what most people could imagine.

The two official commentators continued to talk.

“Binghun is a team with a high degree of tacit understanding, and they're very good at playing comps that can initiate team fights. This is Binghun's first time reaching the finals of the GPL.”

“And it's Jingzhe's second time, isn't it? Last year, they just took the S8 championship title.”

“That's right. Will Team Jingzhe be able to keep their spot on the throne, or will Team Binghun make history as the team to become the S9 champions with the highest ever point score? Let's look forward to finding out!”

“Friends of the audience, our players have finished making their preparations. We'll be entering the picks and bans stage of the first game right now.”

The game interface popped up on the big screens. Both sides entered the picks and bans phase.

Jingzhe was randomly assigned to play as the blue team. They had the first ban.

Coach Chen banned the support Doomhammer without any hesitation. Binghun followed up by banning Fang Zhengqing's signature hero, the Cobra King. Jingzhe used their second ban on another support hero, the Radiant Shield. Then Binghun banned the marksman, the Divine Archer.

Jingzhe devoted all their first bans to targeting support heroes. The two support heroes they'd put onto the ban list were both heroes that Chen Qianhua was very good at playing. As for Binghun, they focused on sealing the poison comp first, before banning a marksman that Xie Yuan could do terrifying amounts of damage with in late-game.