Chaptet 104

Cheng Xing had felt pretty bad at first, but as soon as he heard Ye Shaoyang reassure him, he became spirited again.

That was right. Even the marksmen who stood at the peak of the professional league were killed here and there. Cheng Xing was a newbie. So what if he was killed a few times? Plus, he had been hacked to death by a top-tier top laner! There was nothing shameful about that!

Cheng Xing swiftly adjusted his mood. He looked over to the side and attentively listened to Ye Shaoyang and Chi Shuo speak.

Ye Shaoyang was saying, “In the previous game, they continuously swapped lanes to mess with our rhythm. In a late-game team fight, they killed off Little Xing right away, leaving us without enough DPS. We also failed to take care of Xie Weiyu. These are the reasons Tianhuan lost.”

Chi Shuo turned to face Ye Shaoyang. He quietly said, “The Wind Nymph is Xie Weiyu's signature hero. If we want to take care of him when he's playing that hero, we can use one of two tactics. One way would be to take a hero with hard control skills, in order to lock him down and make it impossible for him to fly around. Then we can kill him quickly. The second way would be to take an extremely powerful burst hero that can take him down in a second.”

There were some control skills which couldn't be cleansed. For example, the Holy Mage's 'seal', the Nightmare's 'sleep', and the Six-Winged Angel's 'bind'. These control skills were very suitable for dealing with quick, nimble heroes.

However, when initiating a team fight, it was difficult to hit your intended target with these single-target control skills. Your enemies weren't stupid. They would definitely focus on protecting their marksman. If you wanted to get into their back line to lock down their marksman, you had to be very good at predicting where all your enemies would be moving.

In the first round, Chi Shuo and Ye Shaoyang had managed to repeatedly kill Xie Weiyu. This was primarily because the Enchantress could 'possess' a person from far away, and she could pull Ye Shaoyang in to help take the kill as well. But it was very likely Yueying would continue to ban the Enchantress in the next game. Without this 'you give me a ride, I give you a ride' set-up, it would be very difficult to handle Xie Weiyu with only one hero with a hard control skill.

…but it wasn't impossible.

Ye Shaoyang gave Chi Shuo a very serious look. “Captain Chi, how about you take a jungler core in the next round?”

Chi Shuo froze for a second. “What do you mean?”

Ye Shaoyang said, “You break through with a jungler core. I'll be your backup.”

When Lin Feng heard that, his heart was slightly moved—how long had it been since Tianhuan won a game with a jungler core comp?

If he really thought about it… such a thing probably hadn't happened in nearly a year.

Chi Shuo's jungler cores had been targeted endlessly, and Tianhuan's jungle was often invaded by the enemy. The peak jungler who'd once taken pentakills with the Bloodstained Assassin was suppressed to the point that he could never develop on the map.

Later, Tianhuan gradually began to give up on their jungler core comps. This season, in their Group B games, Chi Shuo had consistently played support junglers. As a result, many netizens had even started to suspect that Chi Shuo's condition was declining. Some even voiced their theories that Chi Shuo could no longer play jungler cores.