Chapter 61

Players could manually set certain variables in training games. In 5v5 mode, the gold and levels of the two teams could be adjusted before the start of a game. Playing at an advantage allowed a team to demonstrate their ability to stay stable, while playing at a disadvantage allowed a team to demonstrate their ability to withstand pressure. Only teams who could stay calm while playing at an advantage and at a disadvantage could achieve victory in major games.

Ye Shaoyang had undergone this kind of anti-pressure training in his past life. He was no stranger to setting up a forced disadvantage at the start of a game.

But Coach Lin had ordered a difference of two thousand gold between the two teams. Was that two thousand gold for the whole team, or two thousand per person?

Ye Shaoyang wasn't too familiar with the traditions of Tianhuan, and he didn't feel like it was his place to publicly ask the coach. So he looked towards Chi Shuo and quietly asked, “Is this a two thousand gold advantage for the other team, or per person on the other team?”

Chi Shuo quietly answered, “Tianhuan's practices don't involve anything as diabolical as starting out with a ten thousand gold disadvantage.”

If each player was granted an advantage of two thousand gold, then the whole team would be ten thousand gold ahead.

The enemy players would all start out with an excellent piece of gear. They would demolish you in seconds.

Ye Shaoyang breathed a sigh of relief. “A difference of two thousand gold is still alright. We can fight at this disadvantage.”

With an advantage of two thousand gold, the other team could start out their players with an extra accessory. For example, the mid laner could usually start out with a manreplenishing necklace. Ye Shaoyang would only be able to buy one at the start of the game, while Xie Xiaotian would be able to buy two. Team One's marksman would be able to buy an attack-boosting dagger, while Team Two's marksman would be able to buy two.

This may have seemed like a small difference, but professional players were best at taking a small advantage and snowballing it into a crushing one. If the enemy had one extra piece of equipment, that meant they could clear minions just a little faster than you and farm the jungle just a little faster than you. They would reach Level 6 and learn their ult before you.

The difference between a hero with their ult and hero without their ult was massive.

If the enemy team had five players with their ults up, while your team had none, there would be no way to face off against them in a team fight at all. So, it would be necessary for Team One to give away the first minor dragon. That first dragon would give all of Team Two's players a boost in gold, and with that—the economic difference between the two teams would grow bigger and bigger.

Chi Shuo and Ye Shaoyang could very easily play their double flight comp in an advantageous situation. The mid/jungle duo could surround and gank their enemies, disrupting the enemy team's rhythm on all three lanes. However, this was a very awkward duo to play in a team that was at a disadvantage—if they couldn't do enough damage, they wouldn't be able to kill anyone and they would put themselves at a huge risk of being counter-killed when they tried to surround an enemy. As soon as these two heroes crashed out of the skies, a small disadvantage would turn into a huge disadvantage!