Chapter 63

At half past one in the afternoon, Coach Lin arrived punctually at the training room. He indicated for everyone to take their assigned positions, then immediately announced, “There are a few things I'd like to say to you all. First, Shaoyang's paperwork has already been processed. The league's official disciplinary committee will be visiting us next Wednesday to take stock of Tianhuan's conditions. I hope everyone will cooperate seriously with their check.”

Everyone uniformly nodded their understanding.

Lin Feng then passed a notice to Chi Shuo. “Secondly, Season 9's tournament finals will be taking place this weekend—November 11th at seven in the evening. They'll be held at the esports arena in the capital. The league has requested that major teams do their best to attend and cheer from the live audience. I'd like to ask you all for your opinion. Do you guys want to watch the finals live?”

The players exchanged dismayed looks with one another.

Cheng Xing quietly said, “We were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. Won't we be mocked if we appear at the live venue?”

Xie Xiaotian also meekly whispered, “I want to go to the stadium, I want to watch the game live. Watching a game live and watching the video at our base… the atmosphere just feels different.”

Coach Lin looked towards Chi Shuo and asked, “Captain Chi, what do you think?”

Chi Shuo calmly said, “Let's go to the venue.”

He paused for a moment, then lowered his tone and said, “The finals of the domestic professional league only take place once a year. This year, our Tianhuan's achievements weren't ideal. But next season, Tianhuan just might be one of the teams sitting up on the finals stage. Getting a feel for the venue ahead of time won't do us any harm.”

Everyone was speechless for a moment.

Captain Chi was really the boldest of them all!

Ye Shaoyang looked over at the very earnest Chi Shuo, then smiled and said, “I agree with Captain Chi. It feels like a bit of a pity to not attend a once-year finals event.”

Qu Jiang earnestly said, “That's right. Even if we're only there as spectators, we'll be able to get a feel for the atmosphere of the live venue. Plus, Old Nie and Ning bought tickets to watch the finals live too. I actually miss them a lot.”

Coach Lin nodded. “Okay. Then our starting lineup and second-string team will attend to watch the finals live. But there's one thing I want to remind you of. The league has set aside a special area for professional players to watch the finals. When the time comes, plenty of gaming gods from other teams will be present. You guys don't go running your mouths now.”

He glanced over at Ye Shaoyang and warned, “Especially regarding Shaoyang's identity. Before the league makes the official announcement, you guys don't go exposing him. If other teams ask, just say he's someone new at Tianhuan.”

Ye Shaoyang really was someone new. It was just that he'd broken the league record for the highest signing fee a newbie had ever received. It was just that he was a newbie who would debut as soon as he signed. And he was an omega. All these details were unprecedented.

If all this information came out at the finals, there was a good chance that the news would be explosive. No one would even watch the finals. All the players from other teams would surround Ye Shaoyang.

Ye Shaoyang didn't want to become a gorilla in a backstage circus, so it was best to keep a low profile. All he wanted was to watch a live game.

Coach Lin continued, “The third thing is that I've talked with the coaching team, and we've decided Tianhuan's second-string team will sign up to compete in this year's Silver Dragon Cup. Yan Bin, you help make the preparations. Get your players' information together and send it all to me.”