Chapter 20

The tandem of midlaner and jungler was one of the classic tactics in a 5v5 match.

Since the mid lane was the closest to their teammates in the top and bottom lanes, support was the fastest. The jungler needed to travel the entire map, so the easiest way to follow the jungler was the mid laner.

If the jungler caught the top lane, the mid laner could quickly coordinate with him. If the jungler caught the bottom lane, the mid laner could rush over to help.

The jungler usually had high damage output, but if the opponent had support and protection, a set of burst attacks might not be able to kill the opponent. Then, this wave of attacks would be ineffective, and the jungler might even be killed by the opponent.

After the mid laner followed, the damage output of the mid laner and jungler would be enough to kill the opponent's squishies.

This was the terrifying part of the "tandem of midlaner."

However, the tandem of midlaner and jungler required a high degree of tacit understanding. Once the two of them lacked tacit understanding, it was easy to see the tandem of midlaner and jungler. One of them died, and the other was sent away.

As early as the sixth season, Tianhuan Squad had relied on the tandem of midlaner to achieve the highest winning streak in the regular season. That year, Chi Shuo had just debuted. The young man's playing style was unparalleled. His Blood-Clothed Thorn slaughtered the entire canyon, and his Stealth Bandit made people tremble in fear. The squishies that were killed by him could line up to circle the canyon.

At that time, the Tianhuan Squad's mid laner was Chi Shuo's mentor. He was also the talent scout who brought Chi Shuo into the eSports scene.

Later, the game had a major update that added high experience river crabs to both sides of the mid lane. Both junglers needed to fight for control of the river, and the pace of the game suddenly accelerated. The tandem of midlaner and jungler was difficult to suppress. The focus of the game shifted to the bottom lane, where they could develop steadily. The combination of archer and support began to rise.

After Chi Shuo's mentor retired, Tianheng's newly trained mid laner, Qujiang, was better at controlling mages. His style was completely different from Chi Shuo's, and Tianheng's tactics gradually shifted toward archers.

Moreover, everyone knew that Chi Shuo was good and would target him like crazy. When they played against Tianheng, the opposing coach would continuously ban Chi Shuo's jungler. Chi Shuo almost couldn't choose his favorite hero.

Last season, Tianheng's results were not very good. They only got fourth place in the playoffs and did not even qualify for the World Series. Although Chi Shuo had also made it to the playoffs this season, he was not optimistic about the following games.

His jungler position was being targeted. Although the mid lane player Qujiang was very stable, Qujiang's Mage did not have the ability to insta-kill people, so he was more suitable for team fights. In Tianheng's team battle, the Archer Nie Cheng's hand speed had decreased, and he was gradually unable to keep up with his teammates' rhythm. The new Archer had not been trained, and Tianheng was in an awkward situation where they were short on manpower.

Although the Tianhuan Squad began to decline in the past two years, Chi Shuo's eyes were always on the World League Championship trophy — that was his obsession.