Chapter 172

The next afternoon, the S10 World Invitational Individual Tournament began on time at the eSports Arena in Seoul. Among the top eight players, there were three Assassins, three Warriors, and two Midlaners.

And in the quarter-finals, the two midlaners had coincidentally bumped into each other.

Mitchell from the North American region debuted in the S8 season and won the Best Newcomer Award that year. Now in S10, he was a veteran player with three seasons of experience. His performance in the regular season was remarkable.

As for his opponent, TH-Sunshine, other than the Chinese fans who knew that he was the Demon King of Midlaners, the audience from the other regions did not know much about him. They only knew that he was a newcomer from China.

As a world-class Midlaner, Mitchell was much more famous than Ye Shaoyang.

Most of the audience thought that Mitchell had a better chance of winning against a newcomer. On the platform that was opened before the competition, 70% of the audience supported Mitchell, while only 30% supported Lieyang.

Ye Shaoyang did not care about the outside world and focused on preparing for the competition. Chi Shuo also took the time to edit the video of Mitchell's competition and analyze it with Ye Shaoyang to find a strategy.

At 3 p.m., the Chinese delegation walked into the eSports Arena.

The reporter did a simple interview with Ye Shaoyang. "Yangyang, are you confident that you can win against Mitchell today? The Chinese fans are all very concerned about your condition. "

Ye Shaoyang smiled and greeted the camera. "Thank you for your concern. I've played against Mitchell in a mock competition before, so I'm not nervous for today's competition. I'll do my best."

The reporter encouraged him. "Good luck!"

Ye Shaoyang gestured to the camera and then walked into the preparation room with Chi Shuo and the others.

In the preparation room next door, Mitchell was rubbing his hands together as he sent a message to his coach. "I'm going to play Lieyang today. I'm going to use Lord of the Abyss. He's not the only one who knows how to play it. I know how to play it too! Last time, he used Lord of the Abyss to kill me. This time, I'm going to kill him back! "

The coach reminded him, "Don't get too excited. Don't get carried away. Stay calm."

Mitchell's style was hot-blooded and aggressive, and he was impulsive when he played. Although he had matured and calmed down a lot this season, the coach was still a little worried. He was too impulsive and could easily lose the game.

Mitchell replied, "Don't worry, I won't get carried away today. I'll definitely stay calm."

The competition was about to begin.

Ye Shaoyang and Mitchell walked up to the stage and bowed to the audience. The two of them looked at each other, and Ye Shaoyang even gave Mitchell a friendly smile and said, "Good luck."

Mitchell: "…?"

What do you mean by cheering me on? Was this considered psychological warfare?

The two of them walked into the soundproof room and sat down. Only the two of them sat in the middle of the big stage. The lights were a little dazzling. Ye Shaoyang looked calm as he quickly adjusted the equipment.

An official commentator appointed by the Korean organizers was introducing the two players in Korean. "Mitchell, Mitchell. I believe everyone is very familiar with him. He's the main mid laner from Team FNO, a world-class mid laner! TH-Sunshine is from China's Tianhuan Squad. He's a newcomer who's participating in the international competition for the first time! "