Chapter 116

•Tianhuan vs Yaoguang

On May 8th, Saturday afternoon, the people in Tianhuan went over to Star City's Esports Center after having their dinner.

Ye Shaoyang had been here twice before. Once was when Chi Shuo had pretended to be a coach and cheated him into going over to watch Huowen and Jingzhe's match. The other was when he came to watch Tianhuan and Beimu's playoffs match. However, this time, he will be heading to the center with a player's identity and will be able to head right into the backstage. 

As soon as they entered backstage, they ran into an acquaintance——Yao Mu, one of the anchors in Whale Streaming.

Yao Mu and Ye Shaoyang's gazes met, and she immediately walked to him with a smile, “Xiao Bai? What a coincidence.”

The two often teamed up and streamed together, but this was their first-time meeting in the real world.

Ye Shaoyang greeted her politely. “Nice to see you, Mu-jie. Are you here as a commentator today?”.

Yao Mu replied with a smile. “Mn. I reckoned I'd probably be able to see you backstage.” 

She quickly introduced the man standing next to her, “This is Dong-ge. We are the commentators for today.”

The male commentator who was wearing a white shirt and had a graceful bearing shook hands with Lin Feng and Chi Shuo respectively. 

“Good luck with the match later. Mu-jie and I will be going off to prepare now,” He said.

Lin Feng said, “Okay, we won't keep you any longer.”

Dong-ge, whose ID is Dong Yu, was a seasoned commentator. He had been active in the professional scene since S3 and belonged to Chi Shuo's master's generation. He would only be invited to attend important matches such as the semifinals or finals. He was also frequently invited to be a commentator in world championship matches and was extremely fluent in English.

Chi Shuo was pretty surprised to see him backstage. It seems like the league attached great importance to today's match. 

Ye Shaoyang said jokingly, “Mu-jie, be more merciful later and don't scold us.”

Yao Mu smiled gently and directed a supportive gesture toward Ye Shaoyang. Ye Shaoyang nodded in response to this. The two commentators turned and walked to the commentators' booth on the second level with a huge stack of information material, making some preparations in advance.

Tianhuan arrived at the backstage lounge.

The screen in the lounge would show the things that were happening on-site in real-time. The number of fans that came to the live venue this time was more than the regular matches, and the attendance rate of the entire center exceeded 70%. There were people at the back who were holding up huge support banners, and on them were the chibi-style drawings of all five Tianhuan players. Even the Ragdoll cat Ye Shaoyang raised was included. The fans were pretty attentive.

The lens began shooting the viewers sitting in the VIP section in the front row.

Chi Shuo spotted someone familiar to the eyes and whispered to Ye Shaoyang, “Look over there. Your little brother's here.”

Ye Shaoyang followed his gaze and looked over. Sure enough, he found Qin Rui sitting in the third row at the stands, his hands holding up a LED board that said 'Lieyang, you can do it!'. He was even wearing a headband in the shape of a small sun.

Ye Shaoyang was a little touched, and said, “I haven't seen him in a long time. I want to head back home after finishing the rank-deciding matches and get some gifts for Xiao Rui along the way.”