Chapter 66

As usual, the final deciding game skipped the bans stage. Neither team would ban any heroes, and they would make their picks at the same time. However, due to the 'cumulative picks and bans' rule of the finals, heroes that were used in the previous four rounds couldn't appear again.

Jingzhe hadn't used the poison comp in any of the previous four games. Would they take out this lineup in the final round? The poison comp had been invented by Jingzhe, after all. They were very strong with that comp.

Many people guessed that Fang Zhengqing would come out with his signature hero, the Cobra King.

But in the end, when the team lineups were finalized, the audience was shocked enough to gasp. Not only that, the two commentators were stunned as well.

Jingzhe had chosen a team comp that could protect two carries while they developed. The top laner, the Holy Knight, could step aside and leave resources for other heroes. The jungler, the Brawler, could be played as a support jungler. The support, the Blessed Light, had shielding and control skills.

Fang Zhengqing had taken the Great Witch of the North Sea as his mid lane hero. This was a boss among the Witch-line heroes in the game. Her ultimate move, the Seawitch's Engulfing Waves, could instantly kill off a glass cannon, and her magic damage output in late-game was extremely high.

The marksman, Xie Yuan, had taken his own favored hero, the Divine Archer. This hero had a high damage output, high attack speed, and a long attack range. Once he got his optimal gear in late-game, he could take down a glass cannon in two hits, and he could take down a tank in five.

Team Binghun had brought out a very interesting lineup as well.

Chen Qianhua was best at playing heroes that were good at initiating team fights, but he didn't choose one such hero this time. Instead, he chose the Spirit Rabbit.

This support was extremely fragile, and was considered a 'soft support'. The Spirit Rabbit was extremely cute, though, with a short and childish charm, and a big pair of rabbit ears. Everyone liked the sight of this hero, and the game had released several gorgeous skins for the rabbit.

But when the Spirit Rabbit came out in lower-ranked games… the rest of the team was sure to suffer.

This hero was also rarely seen in higher-ranked games, because team comps involving the Spirit Rabbit were very difficult to play.

The Spirit Rabbit's ult, called Tri-Burrow Deception, allowed this hero to set up three invisible 'burrows' on the map. These burrows could be used as teleportation points. At any time, the Spirit Rabbit could choose to pull a teammate into one of those burrows. Enemies wouldn't be able to see where the burrows were located.

The two teams finished choosing their heroes.

Ye Shaoyang joked, “Jingzhe really didn't run the poison comp after all. In the future, when we face Jingzhe, Captain Chi should guess at their lineup again. Then we'll know to expect the opposite.”

Lin Feng was sitting next to Chi Shuo. When he heard that, he couldn't help but praise, “Good idea! In the picks and bans phase, Chi Shuo can take a guess at what Fang Zhengqing will choose. Then Captain Fang definitely won't choose that hero, and we won't need to waste a ban spot.”

Chi Shuo was silent for a moment. He avoided the subject and instead seriously said, “Binghun's team comp is pretty interesting.”

“They'll focus on teleportation and guerrilla warfare?” Ye Shaoyang guessed.

Lin Feng said, “This support, the Spirit Rabbit, is the most demanding support to play, and the hardest to work with. You can move those three burrows in a short span of time. If you don't pick good spots for them, it's easy for you to get wiped out by your enemies.”