Jeans don't fit

-It's okay. - Derek kept caressing my back, as i was clinging over the toilet, holding onto it's seat. I was breathing heavily, and my whole body was trembling from the sudden exertion i was feeling. As i moaned in my uncomfortableness, Derek held me.
-Over soon. - i took a big breath through my nose, and probably it was the worst idea on that morning. As the smell made it's way into my nostrils, i began coughing everything up again. He noticed it, and quickly flushed the toilet, taking the sign. When i felt like it was over, i leant back against his legs weakly.
-I don't know which is worse. A tequila hangover or this..
-You get a baby at the end of this. - he wiped my mouth.
-True. But still awful. - i grabbed the seat again.
-I'm sorry.
-I'm so dizzy - i stood up unstable.
-Please don't let me trip over. - i whispered to him.
-I won't. - he drove me through the bathroom, and sat me down onto the couch.
-Stay here. - he asked me.
-I'll bring you some water and clean up a bit.
-Mhm. - i mumbled with closed eyes.
I rested my head on the side of a the couch, and when he next appeared with a glass of water in his hands, he sat down next to me.
-I'm so tired. - i hid my head in his chest, as tears overtook me.
-Shhs..- he put his chin on top of my head, keeping me as close as he could.
-Derek..I'm...- i sobbed into his chest feeling exhausted and stressed.
-I know. - in his arms i felt more comfortable.
-I love you, Mer. Sleep. - he pressed a kiss on top of my head, and lay down with me snuggled on his chest. He kept stroking my back, and exhaustion quickly overtook me, driving me into a last minute deep sleep.
-Hey..- i felt a kiss in my neck.
-Mhmm...- i mumbled.
-Good morning. - i discovered the voice came from underneath me, as i was still lying on top of Derek.
-Hmm? - i opened my eyes slowly.
-Are you feeling better?
-Bit. - i whispered, sitting up.
-Do you want me to get Zola dressed?
-Do i have time to do it? - i asked him, wanting to spend some time with her alone.
-I think you do. - he shot a look at the clock.
-Good. I'm going. - i pressed a soft kiss onto his lips after he helped me up, and gave him a plus point for ignoring my smelly breath.
-Hey, baby..- i entered Zola's room, and pulled the curtains out.
-Good morning! Did you sleep well? - i lifted her out of the crib.
-It is time for you to wake up. Today is daycare. Sofia will be there. You can play with her. - i kept talking to her.
-We gotta change your diaper. - i kissed her cheek before starting to change her.
-Daddy will make you breakfast.
-What would you like, hmm? Maybe he'd be ready to make pancakes for you. Or it's just a toast morning. Cupcakes? - i asked her, not expecting an answer.
-Copmmhm.
-Yeah, cupcakes. Do you want cupcakes? Maybe there are some from yesterday.

I was pulling up the jeans on my legs, and just about to button them, when it didn't come up. It was simply stuck. I couldn't pull them further my thighs. Yeah, it's okay. I sighed, taking the pair out i was wearing yesterday. But it barely reached my hips. It was stuck again.
-What the hell? - i cursed getting annoyed. I pushed it off, and picked out my last jeans which were clean, hoping that they haven't shrank too. But of course, i was wrong. Why not change into an xs size overnight? I looked into the mirror, and lifted my shirt. A...bump. A bigger bump. Not huge, but definitely twice the size of the day before's.
-Derek!! - i yelled for him.
-You okay? - he entered, with Zola on her shoulder.
-My jeans don't fit. None of my jeans fit. - i sighed, nearly crying in my madness.
-Can't you wear the ones from yesterday? They are bigger, aren't they? - he suggested, while patting Zo's back.
-They don't fit. Derek, they don't fit. - i gave up.
-What? - he came closer, lifting my shirt too. His free hand slipped over my bump.
-Whoa. Baby grew!
-Well, you don't say? None of my jeans fit and i'm twice as big as yesterday! I'm a hippo! - i sighed as my eyes were teary.
-Oh, Mer, you are not a hippo! You are so tiny! And the baby is growing. It is a good thing. - he sat down next to me.
-But i look pregnant now! Look at me! - i lowered my shirt and pointed to the my roundy stomach.
-Well, that's true. You do look pregnant. But you are beautiful. And not a hippo. You are...a mouse. - he chuckled.
-Hey! This is not funny! You look at me and you can tell than i am pregnant! Everybody will know in the hospital. And i don't even have jeans! I can't wear sweatpants! - a tear flipped out.
-They probably already know in the hospital. Imagine Mark keeping a secret. And at least they will be kind with you! - he wiped my eyes.
-But...
-We should be happy the baby is growing healthily.
-That's true. - i admitted.
-And you can go shopping with Stevens and Yang. I'll drop you off in the afternoon. Your shift is over at 5. You can buy some bigger pants. And a sweater which covers your back, so you won't be called. - he tried pulling it down.
-Fine. But..what should i wear? Jeans won't fit. I can't wear a dress. My ass will be out. Pajamas pants are out. And sweatpants too. Maybe i'll just go in a bra. Or swimsuits. - i joked.
-Oh yeah,that won't work because my boobs pop out of the bra! - i added irritated.
-It's okay. I'd enjoy it. - he smirked at me.
-Derek! Please..Help! And hey! Eyes up here! - i warned him.
-Wear yoga pants. You'll change into scrubs when we get to the hospital. And borrow one of my hoodies. Your back is awfully out of this sweater.
-The blue one? - i asked him with hope in my voice.
-Yeah. Any. - he looked at my movements, with which i pulled out it from the wardrobe.
-So, i was making Zola breakfast. Any preferences?
-She wants cupcakes and i am not so hungry now. - i declined politely.
-You need to eat. You both need the energy.
-So tomorrow i'll look like a cow? - i snapped back at him.
-Mer.
-Fine. Anything is fine. - i agreed to it.

-I look like an idiot. - i sighed after we gave Zola to the lady in daycare.
-You do not. - he took my hand
-Derek. I love you, but ... stop lying. I'm wearing yoga pants with your sweater. Sweater is the better part but i look awful.
-You can change soon. - he chuckled as we entered the attending's lounge.
-Grey! You are late! - Bailey reminded me as we entered.
-Yeah..I'm sorry about that.
-We're supposed to scrub in-together in 15 minutes. Better give me a reason why you were late. - she tossed the plastic coffee cup in the bin.
-I'm sorry. Really. I...it won't happen again. - i avoided the question.
-Shepherd?
-Dressing crisis.
-Yeah, well i see that. - she raised her eyebrow.
-I'm gonna go change. - i turned to Derek after i slightly blushed.
-You are gonna be okay?
-Yeah. Just...be near your pager. - i asked him as he pressed a small kiss onto my lips.
-I'll be.