Zola is ours!!!

-Are you hungry? - i asked Derek while i was resting my head on the kitchen table.
-Yeah.
-I'm gonna order some pizza.
-For breakfast? - he yawned.
-We've been in the hospital for 39 straight hours. So it's really late dinner.
-I'm so hungry..I want to put a little salt on your nose and eat it.
-How is your head? - he pulled his finger over my crash injury.
-Good. Doesn't hurt.
-You wouldn't even tell me it hurts unless you are dying from pain. - he smiled at me, and i just shrugged my shoulders. The exhaustion started to wash over me. I closed my eyes while lying on the kitchen counter.
-In order to prevent you from eating too much cheese, sit and lie down next to me. It feels great. Promise. - i asked him to come close to me.
-That's the only reason, huh? - he did as he was told so, while stroking my head.
-Mhm.. - i chuckled obviously lying, while melting into his warm and comforting, familiar touch.
-We'll be okay. Even if it is...Just the two of us. If that's what you want.- he sighed.
-I love you.
-I miss her. What are we gonna do with all off the baby stuff? We have like...everything.- i told him.
-Me too. Sell them. Give them away. Maybe the hospital needs some things.
-I'm gonna order the pizza. - i made myself stand up, and left in search of the phone. I was just about to dial, when the doorbell rang. Maybe they've sensed i need pizza.
However when i went the front door, i froze for a second. She was standing there.
-Derek. - i called his name still frozen.
-What? - he hurried over here, and just arrived as i was asking the most important question.
-Is...is that..our baby? - i rambled.
-Yes. - he mouthed, and opened the front door for Janet.
-She's yours. - Derek said, handing Zola to Derek.
-Oh my god. - I stepped closer to them, and kissed her cheek.
-Hey Zola..- i caressed her face, as Derek cuddled her.

-Are you ready, Zozo? - i asked her, as Derek put on her shoes.
She nodded once.
-I'll die if she takes her first steps at daycare. - i sighed, getting her in my arms, letting Derek bring our stuff.
-She won't. I hope so.
-So, we're taking her to daycare? I'll get her in lunch break, and watch your surgery. You nervous?
-No..Yes...- he confessed as he tied Zozo to the seat.
-Just think about us during.
-I can't pull this crap, can I? - i laughed out.
-Have you ever said that before? - he smiled too.
-Nope. Never. - i hopped into the car.

-Grey, i need to talk to you. - Bailey pulled me out from a patient's room.
-Yes. - i nodded.
-I have to tell something about my personal life. Now i don't like it that i have to, but i can't figure out any other way to get around it.
-Y..Yes?
-I'm about to operate with Dr.Warren. And he's going to try discussing personal matters in the OR, which i don't want. I am going to teach a lot today. And you're going to ask a lot of questions. And if anything personal comes up, i need you to ask again.
-So, now just to get it straight. Derek is separating twins today. And now you got me off of that case because i need to stand between you and your boyfriend?  - i asked her raising my eyebrows.
-Don't use that kind of language with me! I owe you one. And Grey! Your father is here.
-What? - i asked back surprised.
-He is here. Room 4326. But be there when the surgery starts!
-Thanks. - i sighed, and took the stairs twice as quickly.
-Hey. - i greeted Lexie as i entered.
-Meredith, nice to see you here. - Thatcher said.
-Why didn't you call me? - Lexie asked him.
-The pain comes and goes.
-Dad, it's not okay that -
-Calm down Lexie. There's something else i should've told you. You know, after an AA meeting you go and grab a cup of coffee with someone, like a sponsor.
-Thatch..- a young tattooed girl entered, and kissed my father on his lips. I saw Lexie's eyes open wide.
-Well, it's not a sponsor. - Thatcher turned to Lexie.
-Hi. You might be the daughters. I didn't want to meet you like this. But I'm Dani.
-I..didn't even know...there was someone..to meet. - Lexie found my eyes, keeping contact.
-Grey..- Bailey stepped in.
-Lexie Grey. - she corrected herself, as we turned to her.
-You need to get the lab results.
-Dr.Bailey..she is Dani. My father's girlfriend. I've just met her.- Lexie sighed.
-Am i resisting my liver? She's been taking care of me.- he asked. He's had a transplant surgery not too long ago.
-The pain started like 12 days ago - Dani added.
-And there was a pain incident. - she told us.
-What kind of incident? - Lexie asked.
-You might not want to hear this.
-I'm a doctor, i can handle it. - i knew what was coming before it came.
-We were...having some intimate time. And i was on top.
-I..'ll get the results. - she sighed, and grabbed my hand pulling me out with herself.

-So what is this girlfriend like? - Christina asked us, as we were standing outside his room.
-Young. Tattooed. Bitchy. Damn it, she might be younger than me! - Lexie freaked out.
-We should go in. I want to see this 20 year old now. - Christina peeked in.
-We are not going in to see her. - i stated.
-Is this a midlife crisis? - Lexie asked.
-I'm positive it is. I mean..his been strange all his life. - Chris shrugged her shoulders.
I heard a short scream of pain from inside. Lexie looked at me, and i nodded entering as soon as we could.
-This has happened before.! - Dani looked at us, while i stepped close to examine him. Lexie was paging Bailey.
-Please step away. - i asked the 'girlfriend'.
-I just want to...
-Dani, step away! Back up now! - Lexie yelled through the chaos caused by Thatcher's painful screams.
When he was given pain medicine, he finally stopped screaming.
-The blood tests indicate your liver is fine. - Bailey stated.
-Is there anything left out? - she asked.
-When he pees. - Dani looked at us.
-Kidney stones or prostate. - i mumbled.
-I think it means cancer.
-This happens to old man. And it doesn't mean cancer. Freaking out and jumping to conclusions won't do any good. - Lexie said furiously.
-I'm terrified. - Dani protected herself.
-You're not family. You're his midlife crisis.
-Lexie, you're out of the line. - our dad joined. My sister stormed out of the room.
-We'll run tests, and rule out cancer. - i promised her.
-Lexie. - i ran after her.
-This is it. Here are the results. - she handed me an envelope.
-You already did the test? - i raised an eyebrow.
-Yeah. Kidney stone.
-Get used to it. - she told me.
-This is how are father is like. He starts up new families and stops talking to his old one. He'll go off and marry Dani, and i'll never hear from him again. That's what he did to you too.
-No. That's not true. My mother had an affair. And took me across the country to Boston. Your mother died. He started drinking and wrecked his liver. This isn't about us. Or you. Or Molly. He found someone who makes him happy. Give him your blessing. And show that you are happy. He's not drinking now. Or just pretend you're happy. - i adviced her.
-Please Meredith, hate him with me for a bit. You always did, why not now?
-Because now he didn't hurt you. Or me. I have a surgery with Bailey.
As i was scrubbing in Ben stepped next to me, to another sink.
-Dr. Grey-Shepherd. Meredith. - he greeted me.
-Dr.Warren. - i smiled at him.
We've started operating, when Ben started talking. Bailey shot me a warning look.
-How is Zola?
-You know about her?
-Everybody does.
-She's good. Thank you. Adorable. Down in daycare.
-It must be nice having the whole family together. In the hospital too. Like at home, you can spend more time together, and you don't have to drive to get to each other - he started.
-I'm sorry to interrupt, but are you looking at the spleen now, Bailey?
-I am. We'll take the whole thing out.
-And what about the stitches? - i asked the most idiotic question.
-Meredith, what do you think about living together with someone? - Ben asked me again.
-I'm sorry, but i don't remember how to do a stick tie.
-It's okay. There's no stupid questions. - she assured me to Ben's disagreement.
-So..Grey...how did you get Zola's custody? - Bailey turned the conversation to me.
-Why are we doing a stick tie? - i asked again, feeling medical questions are off limit, because Ben suspected it.
-I'd like to remain some boundaries, so my life doesn't fall into pieces like Grey's. - Bailey looked at Ben.
-My life is pretty great right now. - i smiled to myself.
-Shhs! - Bailey hushed me.
-Meredith. Who is the last person you see before you fall asleep? - Ben asked me.
-I...The patient needs our attention.
-So, is it Derek or Zola? - Ben asked cornering me, and i pulled my mouth.
-Both of them. - i sighed giving up, and Ben kept staring at Bailey, who continued operating.
-Must be nice. All i'm saying.
-We'll continue the surgery exactly...- Bailey looked at the clock.
-Two hours from now. - she sighed tiredly.