I am your wife

Please vote if you enjoy the story, to let me know! Thanks :))
This chapter is a bit shorter, but for a reason! Sorry for that

As i let go of Richard's hand, and he smiled at me encouragingly, i saw the excitement in his eyes. I stepped next to Derek, facing him. The lady from the government told us to sign the papers. The papers which officially stated that i become a Shepherd.  That we take each other as our lawfully wedded partners. First the bride. Which was me. And then the groom. Which was Derek. When i wrote my name on the dotted line, i felt everyone's eyes on myself, but i only concentrated on not messing it up. Dr. Meredith Grey. Then she called for the witnesses. Mark. From Derek's side. And Christina from mine. They also gave a signature on the highlighted parts.
-Now, please pull the rings on each other. Derek, please put the ring on Meredith's finger. - she held out one of the circles, which were given to her by Lexie.
As Derek held my hand softly in his, and he rolled the rings that were chosen by us previously, we made eye contact. I was smiling at him, and my happiness was returned by him immediately.
-Meredith, now please put the ring on him. - the lady told me. I slowly let go of his hand, but just for a moment, because in the next, we were locking our fingers together again. Our eyes stayed connected, as i aligned the jewelry on him.
-With the power, given for me, from the government of the United States i officially pronounce you as lawfully wedded husband and wife. Derek, now you may kiss the bride. - her job has finished. But ours' was just starting now. Derek didn't even hesitate for a moment, and his lips were covering mine, flooding it with needy kisses. I parted my upper and lower lip, granting his tongue access, but as soon as he was in my mouth, holding my back, making sure i don't fall back from the pressure, my hands were gripping his hair, exploring it again and again, never giving up on feeling like the first time we ever kissed. He ran one of his ran his arms up my back, leaving goose-bumps after his touch, having an effect on me. But i knew i was having one at him too, from the way he shimmered when our tongues connected, and from the way he tilted his head, so he got better access. My brain went numb, out of function, not caring about who saw us, or who watched us in this passionate moment. I only focused on him, and he was only focused on me. Wanting to give me everything, show me his emotions. And as our purposes were the same, i melted into the strength of his body, keeping the front of his shirt in my hand, holding it with my other hand. When we broke apart as a result of the need for air, i heard the guests clapping, and cheering. I shot a look there, but i was distracted by Derek, who turned me back to himself, and pulled out some hair from my face. He reached into his pocket, and pulled out the blue post-it, reminding me of it. I giggled at him, feeling grateful and happy. He watched me laugh out, and smiled wide too. I pressed a small and short kiss on his lips again, tasting my own chapstick off of his mouth.
-I love you. - i whispered to him, so only he could hear it.
-I love you too. And you are my wife now...That means i can do this more often. - he presented me another brief kiss, while locking our fingers again, holding my hand.
-I love the ring.
-It's perfect.
-Are you ready? - he asked me.
-For everybody.
-Yes. I am. I have you by my side, don't i? So let's go. - i answered excited, and we turned around, ready to take the first congratulations. Surprisingly it was Mark. And Lexie. Followed by Christina and Izzie. And Alex with George. And they were the ones to switch places with Carolyn, who hugged me into her embrace instantly. And Derek too.
-Congratulations dear! I am so happy for you! - she told us.
-Congrats Mer! You are officially  under my brother's charm! - Amelia hugged me too.
-And screwed up by him! - Liz smiled at me, and a hug from Kathleen with nice wishes and a kind of awkward but surely one came from Nancy too.
-Welcome to the Shepherd family!
Callie and Arizona left us some kind thoughts, followed by Bailey and Ben, Richard and Adele, Molly and my father shortly behind. Who just said that he is happy for me, and a saving comment from Molly tried saving the sinking ship, by saying it was a beautiful ceremony. I thanked her with a kind smile, and she just nodded understandingly. Owen closed the row, after little Laura, who was wearing a beautiful pink dress. I picked her up, and let her play with my hair. Derek's warm looks at me wasn't out of the centre of my attention. He watched as i treated Laura with only sympathy and kindness.
-Ready to party? - Christina appeared with a bottle of tequila in her hands.
-Always. - i pulled Derek to the dance floor, to open with our first dance.