Meeting Lexie

-Thank you for letting me observe in the OR.
-Your welcome. - i answered.
-Now Dr.Spalding does the post-ops. - i sighed. My shift was nearly over, just a few more hours.
-Wheel the patient back! - i told her.
-Dr.Harris, you stay with her, and monitor her. If there is the slightest chance of a complication, you page me immediately. Your shift isn't over for another 36 hours. I am not on call today, you take care of patients overnight. If an attending needs an intern, you go. If a trauma comes in you do what they told you to do, you follow somebody. Try not to kill anyone, it feels horrible on your first day. Someone comes with me now, we check on some other surgical patients, and then do charts and paperwork. Meet me at the nurses station.
- i told them, getting into an elevator, and relaxing when i saw Derek in it.
-I am starting to think you take the elevator this often hoping you will meet me in it. - he hugged me, as the doors closed.
-You know...there is always two sides to a story. - i looked up at him.
-How is your day so far? - i asked him.
-Killed a patient.
-I'm sorry. - i hugged him closer, letting him breath me in my familiar sense.
-Couldn't be saved, not your fault. - he used the opportunity, and put his head in my neck.
-But still feels bad. When is your shift over? - i asked him.
-Eight. Yours? - he asked back sighing.
-Seven. I'll wait for you somewhere. -i said as the doors opened, and he followed me to the nurses station.
-Can i kiss you? - he asked me with a hearable sadness in his voice, trying to find comfort. I didn't answer him, instead stood on my tiptoes, and as i pulled my fingers through his curls, i let my arms hand around his neck, and kissed him softly on the lips. The nurses were staring at me, and when i saw my interns arrive from the corner of my eyes, i pulled away.
-Better? - i asked him, squeezing his hand.
-Mhm. See you. - he added, turning around.
-Dr.Grey, we are ready. - they waited for me patiently.
-Great. Charts then. - i handed them a package.

Next morning
-Morning...How did you sleep? - i asked turning to him, early at the sound of my alarm clock.
-You were watching me sleep again?!- i mumbled when i saw his eyes on me, already awake.
-You are cute when you sleep, what can i say?- he gave me a short kiss
-Yeah, but don't you sleep? Why are you up before the alarm again?
-Mer...You are snoring..
-I am not!
-You are cute when you snore. I just don't know how a tiny person can snore so loudly. - he rubbed his eyes
-I am not snoring...
-It's okay Mer, it's not your fault.
-You are not up every night, are you? - i turned to him feeling bad.
-No.
-Are you lying?
-No.
-Okay. Then i was not snoring. - i got out of bed, pulling him out too.
-And now we are having a shower. - i stated while going to the bathroom, thinking of our anniversary. Today was one year. And he had forgotten. I was nothing like a 'celebrate every day' girl, but we have been together for a year. Big thing for us. No break-ups, no wife, no vet.
He washed my hair, and i washed his in return, but i didn't say a word. I pulled my dress on, asking him to zip it.
-Dress today, huh? - he asked me, noticing my prettier dressing today.
-I just...wanted to be in a dress today. - i answered him, not telling him he hurt me by forgetting our anniversary.
-Hey guys! - i greeted them.
-Mer! Derek! - they nodded to us.
-What's with the face, Grey? - Alex asked me.
-Didn't sleep well. - i said trying to give a reason, by not telling them Derek has forgotten today.
-You didn't sleep well? - my boyfriend asked me smiling.
-Apparently i started snoring...Again. -i told them seeing their curious looks.
-Yeah well, Mer I'm sorry but you actually snore. - Izzie confessed.
-I do not!
-Yeah Grey you do. Like a train. I don't know how he can sleep next to you! - Alex nodded towards Derek
-I do not!
-Mer, i told you it's cute. - He hugged me from behind.
-I am going into work now. Am i giving anybody a ride? - i turned around angrily.
-Us...-Izzie and Alex stood up.
-You? - i turned to Derek.
-Nope...Don't have to be in until 11. - he answered, and pulled me in for a sweet kiss, then let go of me. I still felt kind of ....angry. He had forgotten our anniversary.