Plane ride

-Mer, you ready? - i heard Derek's voice from the living-room.
-Soon! - i answered while pulling the zipper on on Zola's coat. I pressed a kiss on her head, and let her pick up her pony from the floor. I saw him appear next to us.
-Hello family! - Mark greeted us joking, as he let himself in.
-How is my favorite niece? - he kneeled down to meet Zo.
-Mak. - Zola recognized him and as a present handed him her giraffe.
-Thank you. - he took it, putting it in his pocket.
-I'll start packing. - Derek picked up a bag, and was quickly followed by Mark, who put down Zola, letting her stand on her own. I held her hand, and slowly walked out of the house, stepping onto the pavement. While they were packing, i tied her into the kid seat in Mark's car and gave her back the giraffe, taking the seat next to her.
-Damn it, how much stuff do you have? - Mark finally hopped in, waiting for Derek, who closed the door.
-I...have to be prepared. - i told him.
-For what? - he asked back.
-For his sisters. I have no idea what we'll be doing, so i need clothes. And Zola has a lot of stuff. She is potty trained, but you know. - i told him as he finally closed the truck.

We were sitting on the plane. Or to be honest, Zola was sleeping in Derek's arms, and i was squeezing his hand.
-When are we taking off? - i asked him with a big breath.
-Are you nervous? - he asked turning towards me a bit.
-I...yes. I don't like flying. And your baby is making me nauseous. - i told him.
-Dizzy?
-No. I just don't think taking off will help me not to puke.
-When is your sickness gonna get better? What did the doctor say?
-It's already better. I don't vomit every time i eat. And just some mornings.
-I know, but is it gonna stop?
-Nope. Your baby made smelly and gassy and a hippo. - i joked.
-You don't even look pregnant now. - he kissed my cheek.
-I am wearing your sweater. So your family won't know about berry as soon as we arrive. Put Zola into the seat. - i asked him.
-She's sleeping so peacefully.
-Yes. But we are leaving. And she needs to be tied. - i told him, and stroked her cheek once, and let Derek put her into the seat next to the window.
-Getting up early really makes her mad. - he smiled at her sleeping figure.
-I know.
-Just like you.
-I know. - i nodded, agreeing proudly.
-Do you think your mother will like her? - i asked him.
-Oh, Mer, of course. She is her granddaughter.
-She is.
-How are you feeling? - he asked me when the plane was in the air, straightening itself. I didn't answer, just shut my eyes.
-It's okay. Take a big breath. - he held my hand. I did as he told me so, and blew some air out through my mouth.
-Another. Just breath. - he pulled out my blonde curls from my face, and i pressed my head into his hand, seeking some familiar warmth.
-I'm here. Just breath. - he told me, while his other hand slipped over my stomach, keeping in touch with the bump i had. However, i reached to the seat front of me, and pulled out my white paper bag, holding it tightly, in case i needed it.
-Come here. - Derek pulled me to his chest, and i rested my head on his shoulder, welcoming his essence. I closed my eyes, trying to relax in the safeness he guaranteed me. Soon enough, i was fast asleep on him.
When i next opened my eyes, the brightness was unbearable. I closed my eyes again, and straightened my back a bit, turning left. I made another try on opening my eyes, and this time i was facing Derek.
-Did you sleep well? - he caressed my face with his thumb.
-Mhm. - i nodded.
-We'll arrive soon.
-Good. Zo?
-Here she is..- he handed me my baby, and i let her sit in my lap.
-How is flying, Zozo? You enjoy it, don't you? - i kissed her face, and handed her the giraffe from my bag.
-You are gonna meet your grandma. And your cousins. Can you say cousin?
-Cosi.
-Yes, cousin. - i cuddled her.