Lexie is staying over

When Lexie put her coat on, i shove Derek an 'i will kill you' look, but he just looked at me all innocent..and sick. The dark circles under his eyes were showing that he hasn't slept well, and his slightly red nose obviously gave a clue. Derek opened the door of my car for me, and then got in the driver's seat. I had a shot, so-it was his turn to drive my car. Lexie sat in the back. On the way home, i didn't say a single word. My brain was trying so hard to bring up a subject, but it simply couldn't. But i had Derek with me. Well, he got me into the situation in the first place, but still. He was Derek. But with a fever.
-So Lexie, how is your internship going? - he asked her.
-Good, thank you. It's exhausting, but worth it. When they let me scrub in on a surgery, it's just...awesome.
-Which specialty do you look the most?
-Well, it's too early. I like neuro and peds the most, i think.
-Well, you still have a lot of time to decide. - he sneezed one.
-Bless you. - i said smiling at him.
-So...Lexie...How is Molly? - i asked finally coming up with a sensible question.
-Good. Baby Laura takes most of her time, but they are ok. She is completely healed. - she said gladly.
-And you said you live with a roommate?
-Yeah. A friend of mine. We've been living together for quite a while now, but she is planning on moving out in the near future.
-We're here. - Derek parked the car, and opened the door for me.
-You are sick, but still a gentleman. - i complemented him, and pressed a brief kiss onto his lips.
-No kissing. - he stated.
-Why? - i smiled sadly, already knowing the answer, while i was opening the door, messing with the keys.
-You're gonna get it too.
-I was the reason you got it in the first place. - i smirked, letting Lexie in.
-Both of us. - he smiled back.
-So Lexie...Are you hungry? - i asked as i unzipped my boots.
-Bit. - she nodded.
-Izzie made dinner. I think pasta with tomato sauce or something like that.
-Yeah, that's fine. - she untied her shoes too.
-Derek, you go take a shower. Thermometer is here. - i gave him the one we had, from the kitchen.
-I want to know your temperature, and don't you dare lie to me! Aspirin, algoflex, and menthol candies. You sleep, because you look like...well not Mcdreamy. Want dinner? - i asked him, while handing him the things.
-No.- he sighed.
-Okay. I'll find you later. - i pressed a quick kiss on his lips again.
-No kissing. - he said when i broke away.
-Didn't resist..- i stepped away.
-Your sister is a great doctor. - he turned to Lexie, who was sitting at the kitchen table, watching us.
-Yeah..She is.
-Good night! - Derek turned away, and exited the door.
-So...do you want orange juice, water....or orange juice? - i asked when i opened the fridge.
-Orange juice. - she smiled answering me.
-Sorry..We need to shop. - i said taking the bottle out, while heating the pasta in the oven.
-Do you often cook? - she asked me while i sat down facing her.
-Nope. I can't really. My roommates do it. Or Derek.
-You guys are really in love. - she spit it out, but then seemed as she regretted it.
-I'm....i'm sorry, it's...i didn't mean to...you just look so happy together...and when he comes you...smile and...i'm sorry.
-No. it's okay. I'm happy. Took some time, but i am.
-Thank you. - she said.
-For?
-For letting me stay here tonight.. it just means a lot for me. - she smiled at me, while i gave her the plate.
-So...kind of a boyfriend? - i asked aiming to her earlier comment.
-Well...Nothing happened...We just talked. Twice. But i like him...
-Good.
-He..he is actually a doctor.
-Really? - i asked surprised.
-Mhm. - she took a bite of the pasta.
-At Seattle Grace? - i raised an eyebrow curiously.
-Well...mhm.
-Do i know him? - i asked.
-I...i think so.
-Sorry, i don't want to be all...curious and asking...it's just..i think i want to know you...and it seemed like a step. - i apologized, recognizing they it might've been too much.
-No, it's okay.
-He is...I don't think you like him...very much. But i do. I am still in that phase. And we haven't even kissed, just nearly, but...
-You want to. - i smiled at her rambling.
-I...i might want to. - she took another bite in sync with me.
-Can i ask...who is he?
-I...just if i get to ask a question too.
-Deal. - i agreed, getting excited.
-Just promise...that you won't get all....you know...strange. And treat me...differently.
-Okay. - i sighed, getting a little confused.
-It's Mark. - she spit it out.
-Mark. Mark who? - i asked back, because it didn't light any bulbs. She didn't answer.
-Wait...Sloan?! - i asked back again raising an eyebrow. She blushed when i said his name.
-You like Sloan...Mcsteamy...- i stated for myself.
-Are you...angry? I mean, it's not like i adore him as a surgeon...i...mean...i adore him, as a surgeon..but not because of that..a..nd...he is just you know - i interrupted her.
-Lexie?
-Yeah? - she looked up ate me.
-It's okay. I have no power to judge you on this. - i made her remember that i was with Derek. My boss' boss.
-It's just...that he is a man whore. He was...a man whore. So be careful. With him...
-I...I will. Thank you. - she smiled lightly, relieved. It looked like my point really mattered to her.
-So...you deserve an answer for this. Question?
-Why...did you not want to...know me? First. - she asked honestly.
-I...I don't know.. or i may know.. - i sighed.
-It's that..my dad left when i was five. And your dad still takes care of you. He was there when you graduated, when Molly gave brith, when you were sick, he is proud of you. And you...remind...reminded me of him...so much. And he hurt me. When he left. And later too...and you are the living proof of everything that happened. And i did not want to face that again- i sighed. She listened to me without a word.
-I'm sorry. But you know...I won't. Hurt you. - she smiled at me.
-Figured so. - i sighed, getting up, putting the empty dishes in the dishwasher.
-Okay... you can take the guest room. There's always a towel in there, and sheets with blankets...pillows. Bathroom is at the end of the hallway. My room is upstairs. Find me...if you need something. And eat...or drink..if you want something. - i assured her with a look.
-Thank you. - she smiled at me.
-I really appreciate. Everything.
-Good night! - i answered her, and climbed up the stairs.

I took a quick shower, and changed into my pajamas. I found Derek asleep, breathing heavily, knocked out in our bed. I climbed in next to him. I put my hand on his forehead, barely touching him, but it was enough for him to wake up.
-Better? - i asked whispering.
-Mhm.. - he nodded and pulled his hand over me, comfortably.
-I think your fever went down a bit. Did you take something? - he just nodded closing his eyes again.
-Okay, then.. sleep. - i kissed him on the lips, a bit longer this time, softly. This time he snuggled into my warmth, and we fell asleep like that.