My water just broke

-We're gonna stay, right? - Derek asked me, as we were taking our way towards the nurses' station.
-Yes. We're gonna stay.
-This storm is huge. - Lexie sighed, looking out at the window.
-Yeah. - Christina agreed.
-Which means we have a lot of patients. - Alex continued.
-Don't you need to rest, Meredith? - Izzie asked me.
-She does. But we are not going home. It's near the woods. And Zola is here too. - Derek smiled.
-We are staying here because they will need surgeons. - i opposed.
-You need to take it easy. - he handed me a chart.
-Can you tie my shoes please, Lexie? - i asked my sister, when i saw them lying on the ground.
-Of course. - she kneeled down to help me, as my watermelon sized stomach stood in the way, at the nurses' desk.
-Here you go. - she managed to tie them.
-Derek, i'm just gonna work. Until I - i started, but a burning pain interrupted me, which traveled right through my abdomen. I winced in pain, and caught my belly instantly, protectively.
-Mer! What? Meredith, what is it? - Derek appeared right next to me, making me look up at him, as he grabbed my arm. I felt my panties leaking wet, as some liquid covered them, flooding all down my legs, immediately reaching my scrubs, darkening it's ocean blue color.
-Yeah. Yeah. - i told him, looking up and seeing my friends' worried eyes. Or half of their eyes looking into mine, but another on the floor around myself.
-I think my water just broke. - i added, taking a deep breath, trying to calm myself a bit.
-What? - his eyes opened big.
-Catch up Mcdreamy, she has a puddle! - Christina smiled, looking at the ground, standing next to me, holding my other arm to steady me.
-Okay. It's okay. - he told me, as a tear appeared in the corner of my eyes.
-Mhm. - i nodded, trying to get through the burning pain. I squeezed his hand, in sync with Christina's.
-You're having the baby! - Izzie cheered, hugging me to myself.
-I'm so happy for you, Mer! - Lexie continued it, not letting go of me.
-Congrats, Grey! - Alex put me into his arms too.
-I..I think i need to..you know, sit down. - i looked at Derek for help.
-Yes. Of course. We're going.
-Talk to Richard please. - he turned to the group of my friends.
-I'll find him- Lexie already ran off.
-Can you page Connie? OB on-call. - he spun around, talking to a nurse.
-Damn it, these hurt. - i muttered, clenching Christina's hand.
-Hurry up Shepherd! Your wife is having a baby! - she pushed his back with her pointer finger.
-Room 5012 is free, it's ours. - he announced it.
-Good. Uhm...We should...maybe go. - i suggested, smiling through the pain.
-We'll take care of Zola. - Alex agreed to my silent question.
-Thank you. Now come. - he started leading me towards the other end of the hallway.

-Woah...ahh. - i tried surviving while Derek was massaging my back, as i was clinging onto the side of the bed.
-Figured you'd go into labor in the middle of a superstorm. - Christina entered.
-Okay, we need to go over your birth plan, we never talked details. - she looked into my eyes, squatting down a bit.
-Hang on! - i ordered her as the lights twitched.
-I can't bully people unless you tell me what to bully them about!
-Maybe you should get back into bed. - Derek kept stroking my back.
-Do you want to get back to bed? - Christina asked me.
-No! - i yelled in pain.
-She says no. - she told Derek.
-Ahhh....- i kept moaning in pain through the contraction which has hit me.
-What do you need? A bouncy ball? - Derek asked me.
-Ice chips!
-She says ice chips. - Christina turned to Derek again, cool as a cucumber.
-Are you gonna do this the whole time? - he asked her slightly irritated.
-I'm gonna go and check on Connie, see what's taking her so long.
-She is with other laboring mums right ow, she's busy! - i struggled to get it out, while Christina tried regulating my breathing.
-You're the only one i care about, the rest can wait! - he exited hurrying.
-Did you talk to Owen? - i asked Christina, wincing, while she held my shoulder.
-Yes. And no. How is your pain now? Seven, eight?
-Nine! - i shouted.
-Talk to me about Owen, it distracts!
-Well, Owen is...out of town
-What? - i asked confused.