Holidaze

-Okay...We are ready, aren't we? - i asked Derek, and looked at the set up table.
-Yeah. - he looked at the table full of food.
-Lexie, stop cooking already! - i entered the kitchen.
-I am not cooking Meredith! Just packing! Brownies are in the oven, turkey on the table. Derek, is there enough salt in the rice?
-Lexie. Everything is perfect. And nobody cares if it isn't.
-But this is Zola's first thanksgiving. And Sofia's too. And now that i'm back together with Mark...I need to show him i care.
-Lexie. You have been cooking all weekend. I was cooking all weekend.- Derek looked at her chuckling.
-And the kids won't remember if the rice was salty enough. They only care that they get some toys. And that they can spill their apple juice. - i smiled at her.
-Fine...- she sighed, as i heard the doorbell ring. And ring again. And again. I hurried over there, and flung the door open.
-Damn it Christina, stop this! Baby is still asleep! - i told her, already knowing it'd her.
-I'm sorry Meredith. - Owen apologized.
-Not your fault. - i smiled at him, inviting them further in. As i was just about to close the door, i spotted Bailey's head.
-Come in, Bailey!
-Thank you for having me Grey. - she smiled politely.
-Christina for the sake of God, put your shoe down, and try not dropping the bottle too! - i turned to her, as she hit the door, making a bigger noise.
-Sorry. - she chuckled laughing already.
-Has she drunk tequila? - i looked at Owen.
-Not yet. Or she didn't tell me.
-What is up with all this quiet? - Bailey asked.
-Afternoon nap. - Lexie answered instead of me.
-Yep. - i nodded, but already figures outside of the door, so i opened it.
-Hey Meredith! - Arizona hugged me, whispering.
-Why are you whispering? - Owen asked her.
-Isn't it still nap time? I mean Sofia sleeps around this, most of the time, but we didn't know if Zola does...Of course she's awake now, just - she looked at her daughter in her hands.
-I love you. - i sighed, thanking for being quieter.
-Where is little Grey? - Mark came out of nowhere.
-Lexie, Mcsteamy is here! - Christina shouted for Lexie, and i shot her an angry look.
-Sorry..
-Okay..Too many people in the hallway. Go in! - i told them , closing the door.
-Is anyone else coming? - Bailey asked me looking at the table.
-Chief. -Lexie answered.
-Where is Ben? - i questioned Bailey.
-He'll be over. Soon.
-'kay. So only Richard, Teddy and Ben left. - i counted on my fingers.
-Oh...And Izzie.

-What are we drinking on? - Izzie asked.
-Fun? Barbie, we're drinking for fun! - Christina stated.
-And the babies! - Callie said looking at Sofia and Zola, who were playing together quietly on a rug.
-And successful surgeries. -  Owen added.
-My man...- Christina pushed him slightly.
-Good then. Cheers! - i started, hitting my glass to Ben's first. He was the closest.
-Cheers! - i heard it from every direction, and i took a sip of my glass.
-When are we having dinner? - Lexie asked.
-Food will get cold. - Izzie added.
-You need to sit next to each other. - I sighed.
-Hey! I did not cook only to eat cold food!
-Fine...Let's eat then. - i started slowly moving the guests to the dining table.
-Did you make all of this? - Chris looked at me.
-Nope. Lexie. Derek and Izzie.
-Nice..Than pass me those peas please!
-A thank you'd be nice..- i joked, but handed her the green peas anyways.
-Derek. - i squeezed his hand.
-Yeah?
-Sit next to me please. - i smiled at him.
-Of course. - he kissed my lips softly once.
-Now, here is the turkey..-Lexie appeared balancing a huge plate in her hands. It was already on the table. Until she decided it needed to be reheated. Mark took it out of her hands, and placed it on the table.
-This house is great! - Ben complemented it.
-Thank you. - we said with Derek at the same time, and i chuckled after it.
-So, tell me what was at the hospital today. - i started a conversation all around the table, knowing i'd start a lavina. And i did. I could barely talk to everybody sitting near me, cause they were all in the middle of an interesting story about a special patient. And maybe a surgery wasn't supposed to be a dinner talk conversation. But for us it was. Because the room was filled by happy laughers from all over the table, which made everybody forget the sad moments of being a surgeon, or the unsuccessful savings from before.

-So...tonight was good. - i walked behind Derek, whispering in his ear, while he was rearranging Zola's covers. It was already past midnight, and our guests have left. Lexie decided to sleep over in the guest room today. So Mark's idea was that he should too. They've helped us clean up the kitchen, and pack the leftovers into the fridge. When the house emptied after a huge dinner, and several songs, which Owen played on his guitar, filled with new gossips, and empty shot glasses, they decided it was time to call a cab. Or drive home. In case they were still able to.
-Yeah. - he agreed, and i was pinning his back to Zola's crib.
-I have never imagined myself with a baby on Thanksgiving. And a big friends family dinner with a huge turkey. I was always the there's tequila and leftover pizza girl.
-Well, this fits you, i promise. - he pulled my bangs out of my forehead, and kept watching my lips as i spoke, ghosted.
-I thought so...- i fidgeted with his curls.
-You know...it's like we're dreaming. - i added.
-How? - he asked me, but still kelt watching my lips with a spark in his eyes.
-We have Zo. In the dream house. And i'm about to be an attending. And we're...happy.
Plus we always just - i started but, i was cut off by a pair of lips on mine. His hands cupped my face, and my lips moulded against his in a soft kiss. They fit together like puzzles. As he held me more firmly to himself, i growled slightly. I grabbed his back, and pulled him away from me, taking his hand. I turned around, and switched the little light on in our daughter's room, and closed the door after ourselves. As we exited, i was taken by surprise, as his lips were on mine again, pinning me to the wall. I let my fingers wonder around in his hair, and in the next moment i felt the slight nip of his teeth against the soft skin of my neck. I tilted my head to give him better access, and my hands slid under his shirt. I added some pressure as my hands traveled up his spine, when he sent warmth down mine. As the warmth reached my lap, i pressed my thighs together. He noticed it, and dropped his hand, lifting me under my bottom, opening my pressed thighs. I groaned as he reduced the pressure i was feeling, and we stumbled in the direction of our bathroom.

-This bathtub was so expensive. But worth it. So..worth it. - i panted, while soaking with the bubbles in his arms, in the huge place we had.
-Agreed. Midnight bathes are my favorite..- he kissed into my neck again, leaving goose-bumps in the hot water.
-It's like two a.m. - i giggled.
-I could sit here with you till the morning. - he rested his forehead against my head, while his hands were wrapped around me.
-I love you. - i said to him quietly, enjoying the hot water, our intimacy, and the feeling of his heated skin on mine.
-I love you too. - he mumbled, pulling us further down in the tub, wetting our heads even more.

Please vote! ;)