Shepherd house

-This was my bedroom. - Derek sighed, opening the door for me
-Am i about to see teenager Derek's bedroom? - i chuckled.
-Yes. - he admitted, and i entered. The walls were light blue. A big wooden bed standing in the middle on a carpet. Along on one side of the wall a table, with a chair. Wardrobes, shelves, an old TV, an his stuff. And pictures. I walked to the table, and took a look at the photos standing there. I recognized him and his sister smiling next to each other. The one i figured was Liz in a skirt, Nancy in braces, Derek in a ridiculously old shirt, Amelia in all black and Kathleen holding a dog. On another one was a car. And him and Mark on the next one. And the last one were two men. A man and a boy. I instantly recognized Derek's curls, and his ocean blue eyes. The older man standing next to him looked just like him.
-Is this your father? - i moved it, so he could see it too. He hovered over me.
-Yeah. - he breathed in my essence.
-You look just like him. - i told him, as i took a closer look at the printed version of the photo, which was made next to a river.
-He always had my back. When i had a fight with mum. Or the girls. It was...you know like a team. Boys standing next to each other. - he sighed.
-Do you often miss him?
-Do you often miss your mother? - he asked back, and i pulled the corner of my mouth.
-We were never close. Never like a team. She just...had me. And tried bringing me up. And taking care of me. Somehow. And then it changed. Me taking care of her. Somehow. - i gave a difficult answer.
-I do. I do miss him. And now...you know berry might be a boy. It just...feels strange. If berry is a boy, i'll take him fishing. All the time. - he pulled me onto the bed, pulling up my hoodie, actually his, caressing my roundly stomach.
-Next time we'll know if berry is a he or she. - i smiled.
-I know. Berry is much bigger than a berry now. We should start calling Berry he and she. - he suggested.
-How do we decide if it's a he or she?
-One of us can call her she, and the other can call him he. - he chuckled.
-Nope. -i demanded.
-Why?
-Because he ...she is gonna be born thinking one of us is always wrong.
-Sticking with berry?
-Sticking with berry. - i nodded.
-Zola is having fun with her cousins. - he pulled me on top of him.
-I know. I'm glad. - i told him honestly.
-I can't believe berry is a,ready 17 weeks old.. - i closed my eyes, while lying on top of him on the bed.
-How's your leg? And back? - he added, asking about my always sore parts.
-Tired. - i sighed, rolling off of him, and letting him start massaging my feet.
-You can sleep before dinner. Everybody is charmed by Zola. They want to spend time with her. - he continued massaging my feet.
-I know. - i mumbled, on his pillow.
-We should help your mother.
-We will. We're spending a like week here. We'll help tomorrow. When you're feeling better. Neither dizzy nor headache.
-Sound great. - i pulled him up to myself, and snuggled my back to his chest. His hand landed on my stomach, under the stretchy top of my pants, caressing my bump, which i could hide. More or less. I probably looked pregnant. But his family hasn't seen me for a while, so they didn't know how i normally looked. We were good.
As soon as i closed my eyes, and he kept stroking my stomach, i fell asleep. Taking in his scent from the bed and enjoying the warmth of his body.

When i woke up, it was half dark in the room. I was missing Derek's warm body from next to myself, but when j turned around, i found Zola's tiny figure lying there, snoring a bit. I smiled, while watching her chest rise and fall. I quietly got out of bed, but as soon as i was about to open the door, i heard her voice, and noticed she sat up.
-Mummy? - she sounded sleepy.
-Yes, Zo, I'm here. - i crawled back to bed, pulling her into my lap.
-Do you like the other kids? - i asked her, as she rested her head on my bump.
-Mhm. Barbie and cars and games.
-They shared them with you? - she nodded again.
-Who did you play the most with?
-Molly.
-Yeah, she seems like a kind girl. Do you want to find Daddy? - i asked her.
-Daddy.
-Good! Let's go then. - i helped her get out of bed, and held her hands, while she took the steps to get to the door. We closed it behind ourselves.
-We'll go to the bathroom first, okay? - i asked her, and led her through the door which i remembered was the one to the bathroom. After i knocked an no answer came, i entered it.
A shower, toilet, sink, surrounded by toothbrushes, colorful towels, shelves. I closed the door, and helped her sit on the toilet, while holding her, so she didn't even fall into it a bit, accidentally. As i looked into the mirror, i met myself. My hair was tangled, and my little make up wasn't in the best shape. I pulled my fingers through my blonde waves and washed the unnecessary black paint from under my eyes, which sleeping put there. I also rearranged my hoodie a bit, so my stomach couldn't show, and then let Zola out of the bathroom, ready to get back down.

Please vote to show your support! Thank you!