one hundred seventy seven

it was silent. complete silence. nobody wanted to say something. or more like nobody wanted to say something wrong.

only the sounds of piper snoring and hailey drawing in her notebook was heard.

mark and gwen stood silent.

after the things from last night nobody was interested in going to work today. especially gwen.

"callie called me at least a thousand times yesterday." gwen tells mark not looking away from the streets.

"maybe she wants to apologize for last night." mark shrugs turning the car down the street.

"it's annoying." gwen comments. "she can't expect me to like penny over night."

"nobody expects this from you, baby." mark assures putting a hand on her thigh.

"i mean, i want to be happy for her. i really want. but penny- it's just hard to forget about everything." gwen sighs.

"have you talk to amelia yet?" mark asks even though he doesn't like the way she talked to his wife yesterday at all.

"nope." gwen replies. "i just want this day to be over."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen and mark entered the hospital together with jackson, who by the way, still lives with them.

while mark was happy to have his buddy at home gwen just wanted the house to herself.

"thanks again for breakfast." jackson smiles holding the door open for gwen.

"my pleasure." gwen replies as jackson walks away. when he was out of sight she grabbed mark's arm pulling him back outside. "this was his last night in my house."

"you just made the man pancakes." mark reminds her.

"because i am a benevolent leader and good host. and i've been waiting for this thing to resolve itself. it has not." gwen says. "this job is stressful. my life right now is stressful. i need to go home at night and be alone with my husband."

"well, i-i agree with that, but- but gwen, he's my friend, all right? and he was there for us when we needed him." mark says. "plus i'm his boss, it would feel like i'm using this against him."

"i'm his boss, too. if you're not doing it i'm doing it. and if you want your wife back, take care of your business today." gwen snaps entering the hospital again.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen sat in the doctors lounge together with maggie speaking about a case when webber and callie entered it. gwen didn't want to eavesdrop but she couldn't help herself.

"so, i'm just wondering if maybe we should rethink the resident-rotation system." callie suggests richard. "i mean, make sure that our residents get an equal opportunity on every specialty."

"isn't that happening?" richard asks confused crossing his arms.

"well, there's a danger that our residents are being monopolized by a single attending." callie says.

"she's talking about blake." gwen interrupts not looking up from her tablet.

"you know what? it's not you're bus-"

"isn't blake with grey?" richard asks.

"yes, and she has been since she got here. i worry she's not getting a full education. and grey is-" callie scoffed. "she's- she's running her ragged."