one hundred fourty two

it was early in the morning when at five o' clock the alarm of meredith's phone went off.

she, gwen and cristina all startled up. both meredith and gwen pushed their sleeping mask off their eyes.

why gwen slept the whole night in a bed with cristina and meredith instead of at home with her husband? that's easy to answer.

cristina was waiting for a call from the harper avery commitee.

"crap, mer! oh, my god! the phone!" cristina shouts sitting up on the bed. "mer, the phone!"

"oh, i'm sorry." meredith apologises grabbing it from the nightstand.

meanwhile gwen sit up on the bed as well only wanting to have a cup of coffee.

it was definitely to early for her. but hey, that's what you do when your best fellow is about to win a harper avery award.

when gwen was nominated it was the same procedure. it was her, derek, addie, amy and mark all together in derek's and addie's house in new york at 8 a.m waiting for the call. she knows the drill. she also knows how excited she was so she could imagine how cristina felt this minute.

"okay, okay, okay." meredith looks at the screen.

"did we remember to..." cristina trails off worried that they missed the call.

"no, no, it's charged." meredith assures her.

"oh, god!" cristina let's out a sigh of relievement.

"it's charged and the ringer's on. okay, hold on." gwen went to her purse. "here, you got to put on some lipstick."

"what if-"

"no, it's not possible, because catherine avery said that you were on the short list, and your project is.. it's innovative. it's gonna lead to the actual printing of hearts. millions will be saved." meredith cuts her off.

"now, put on lipstick because that's what i did and it got me two awards." gwen adds.

"what time is it?" cristina asks while putting on the red shade.

"5:01." meredith replies looking at the screen the whole time.

"did they?" alex asks standing in the doorway making gwen look behind her.

cristina and alex lived together. gwen totally forgot that.

"not yet." gwen shakes her head.

"did they?" jo asks approaching alex in the doorway.

"no." all three women replied.

"oh, god." cristina got panicked.

"okay, listen, if they're five nominees, it's alphabetical." gwen tells her. "yang is last."

"that's easy for you to say with Shepherd." cristina scolds her.

"i was still the last one." gwen informs her when a phone went off.

but it was jo's making the group groan in annoyance.

"oh, geez, hairball!" cristina groans.

"oh, sorry. it's shane." jo explains answering the call. "hey. no. not yet, but it's still early. it's-"

"5:02." cristina says annoyed.

some time passed and everyone watch the phone closely.

"mer, gwen, seriously, what if they don't call?" cristina asks getting more panicked.

then the phone rang.

"oh, my god." they all screamed.

"what do i do?" cristina asks holding the phone.