Dragons Are Demanding (Book 1...

By Klopez201

Dragon love story. 18+ slow burn ***unedited*** I do not own any art. (Fair warning it is a slowbuild. chapte... More

Authors Note
1.) Living in the valley
2.) What the Storm Dragged In
3.) Three's a Crowd
4.) Some Assistance Required
5.) A Fresh Start
6.) Room to Grow
7.) A Rocky Relationship
8.) Dealing with Baggage
9.) The Road Not Taken
10.) On the Road Again
11.) The Price You Pay
12.) A Toast to Good fortune
13.) The Sweetest Honey
14.) The Rope Pulls Tight.
15.) The One
16.) For Better or Worse
17.) Work to be done
18.) Payment is due
19.) A Tempting Proposal
20.) A Joyous Occasion
21.) The Calm Before
22.) A World on Fire
23.) Picking Up the Pieces
24.) A Big Step.
25.) Rest
26.) An Explanation
27.) Leaving The Nest
28.) Work to Be Done
29.) Camping
30.) Going for a Run
31.) Bathing Together!?
32.) Report
33.) The Get to Know you part
34.) Alone with myself
35.) The Secret we Keep
36.) The Long Story
37.) what comes next
38.) The clothes make the man
39.) Dont Lose Your Head
40.) Trouble in Paradise
41.) Blink Once for Yes
42.) Frustration
43.) Naked, Suprize!
44.) Asking for Attention
45.) Encounter
(Second Part )
46.) The Worst Outcome
47.) Exposed
48.) Accommodation
49.) Home at Last
50.) You're back
51.) an adjustment
52.) The first meal
53.) The Pressing Matter
character vibes
54.) Family meeting
55.) Summoning.
56.) Restrictions.
57.) War
58.) Passing the Time
59.) Record keeping
60.) Dont look
61.) Failure to Thrive
62.) Bitter pill
63.) Wondering
64.) Escaping in the Harem
65.) Escaping out of the Harem
66.) Settling in
67.) The Second Try
68.) Claws Deep
69.) Under Observation
71.) The Baby
72.) Ruined it
73.) Vihar
74.) a happy family
75.) Just the Three of Us
76.) Is It Raise or Raze?
77.) The Quiet
78.) The Storm
79.) Deadline
79.5) Desperation
80.) Make a Note
81.) Artwork I Vibed with
82.) Full Skies
83.) What you expected
84.) Guest
85.) Arany
86.) Disfunction.
87.) Sharp
88.) Waves.
89.) Splash Splash
90.) Here
91.) Shreds
92.) Grounded.
93.) In the Walls
94.) Goodbye

70.) Changes

1.9K 128 12
By Klopez201

It was very bright. I blinked several times in succession. Adjusting to the light. I stood up and left the room. The lights were also bright in the main all the way up stairs. The carpet was in worse shape than I had believed, now exposed in a new light.

The sound of many feet could be heard down the hall. It was not the familiar steps of my husband. I panicked and escaped back into the bedroom, closing the door firmly behind me. I looked around to find a place to hide. I grabbed a blanket then climbed into the wooden wardrobe before closing myself in. I covered my mouth with the blanket to quiet my breathing.

One second

Two seconds

Three seconds

I heard a light knock before the doors opened.

The urge to run and fight pumped in my veins. It had never occurred to me to ask for a knife but in this moment I regretted not having one. The steps sounded closer and closer.

Then the door to the wardrobe opened.

"Calm down, you can come out." Cerastes said.

Relief poured out of me but their was still the unaccounted for steps. I poked my head out of the wardrobe in suspicion. The light had been turned dimmed again but the room was still more brightly lit than before.

Three people were standing side by side in a line inside the room. Dressed in brown clothes they stood with hands clasped. All of them were women.

"Husband who are they?" I asked Cerastes.

"There are going to be some changes from now on!" Cerastes said with joy. I wasnt sure I had ever seen him smile this much, even the sharper teeth in the back were visible.

"Then the meeting went well?" I asked climbing out of the wardrobe I grinned. "Tell me everything!"

"Life is going to be easier now. Full energy will be supplied to the wing as you probably noticed, food will be distributed for the entirety of the brooding and hatching phase, and more staff." Cerastes said gesturing to the staff.

"Does this mean they accepted our relationship?"

Cerastes turned his head to the side in confusion.

"They are going to let us stay together right?" I became anxious with his pause.

"We will continue to stay here, yes. More than anything they want the offspring to have everything it needs to grow."

I nodded. The high lord was terrifying giant but this is still his grandchild.
I hugged Cerastes, everything felt like it was falling into place. Then my stomach growled.

"Let's put you back in bed the maids will bring you something to eat." He assured. The three scurried off without a word of introduction.

"I guess we were worried for no reason." I smiled. "Are we going to see them more now that you've made up?"

"Iv told them it would be better for the hatchling to avoid meeting as much as possible but the maids will more than likely be giving them updates along my reports."

"They're spying on us?" I whispered.

"Its to be expected." Cerastes ran his fingers through his white hair. "One of them is from Dante the other two are from the high lord."

"I'll be carefull not to talk badly about them. What are the maids names?"

"Why do you always think I know what humans are called?"

"Well I guess I'm a little pleased you suddenly cared about their names. I might get a teensy bit jealous."

"Jealous?"

"My husband belongs only to me, of course I'd be jealous if you started paying attention to other women."

"What a brave creature you are to say that you own one of the kin. I'm sure their is no other human that could say it and live."

"I'm sure their is no other kin who would take a human for a bond. What a pair we make." I winked.

"Is something wrong with your eye!?" He asked grabbing my head in both hands. His large hands smushed my face.

"Theres nothing wrong with my eye! I'm flirting with you." Why is he so clueless????

"This is flirting, what's the purpose of it?" He asked closing one eye.

I smacked myself in the face in disbelief. We had never had a reall in depth conversation about his previous partners but surely he wasnt...this ...this. ughhh?!?!!

"Was that also flirting. Hold on I'll make a note."

I hate the notes.

He sat at his wooden desk and dipped one claw into the ink well.
"Flirting is blinking with one eye what is the purpose?"

"To show that I'm playing and that I like you." I explained, it's just the hunger I'm not actually frustrated I'll feel better after I eat...BUT How am I already Married and not kissed yet! Isnt this out of order?!?! Theres a baby In there. "Its called winking."

"You just told me it was flirting." He scratched the paper.

"Kissing you is also flirting, touching you is flirting. I'm seducing you into liking me." I explained.

"So when you stripped naked in the carriage, that was also flirting?" He asked.

I layed my head into the pillow and screamed internally. I let out a muffled grunt and hoped he'd change the subject.

The maids returned and our conversation ended.

Looking at the maids closer two were much older and one was younger than me... most likely. It was difficult to discern ages when the people around you aged differently than others.

They left the meal on a tray on the bed and stood against the wall. It reminded me of the building in town.
Was this normal human behavior? Cerastes didnt seem bothered by them. He sat at his desk scratching out notes while I ate.

"Husband arient you going to eat?" I asked.

"To much to do. I have a few more errands to do then I'll sleep. If you need anything tell the maids." He said getting up from his desk.

"Alright. I'll see you soon." I yawned.

I looked at the three against the wall.

"Hello."

No response

This was just like the kitchen all over again.

"I'm Rowan." I introduced myself.

"I'd like to know your names, since well be spending time together."

"This one is called Dina," gestured to the youngest. "This one is called Nina, and I am Zin." The oldest one replied.
"We will be serving the young miss."

Zina hair was a blond streaked with grey. Her hands were somewhat wrinkled as well as her eyes. Green eyes looked down even when she spoke to me. Her hair was kept tidy in a bun that sat behind her neck.

The second woman had brown hair cut short around her head. Her body looked sturdy and wide. Broad shoulders and small hips. I couldnt see her face or the youngest ones face since they were constantly looking down.

The youngest was also blond and probably 10 pounds when wet. She was a wisp of a creature. Small wrists and a long kneck.

"Thank you for the meal." I said lifting the bowl to my mouth.

"The miss should not thank us. This is our job." Zina replied.
......

(5 months later)

(Cerastes)
The high lord and Cerastes had their weekly report in the throne room.

"Shes stopped eating?" The high lord asked. His sharp claws tapped lightly on the polished stone of the throne.

"Yes, it should be soon." Cerastes replied. "A week at the most."

"And Pyros has not returned?" The high lords dark brown eyes peered down into Cerastes red ones.

"Unfortunately he has not." Cerastes said standing in a position to show respect. "I apologize on his behalf."

"To miss the culmination of his lifes work, what could be more important?" The high lord said full of suspicion. "Could he be hiding something better?" The high lord was a greedy creature by nature. 

"Your guess is more than mine. I'm sure he will explain when he returns." Cerastes assured. During these last 5 months he had seen and spoken with his father more than he had in his entire life. Most of it was him being reminded over and over that he will be severely punished for wasting this opportunity should he fail, that his woman would be confiscated and given to someone more competent should the hatchling die or be deformed.

Cerastes remained unswayed. He would be successful. The constant changes the woman experienced gave him confidence. Growth, fetal movement, and no signs of spotting. Giving her blood every night had been successful, although it had caused a number of side effects.

"You have much to gain from this experiment but remember should you fail, the pet will be passed on to Dante, if it manages to live through this."

"And if I succeed I will receive full status as a family member. I have not forgotten." 

"Your becoming prideful before you have accomplished your task. Leave."

"The next we meet I'll congratulate you on your new title."

The high lord waived his hand as if to hurry him away. Gold sleeves glimmered with the gesture.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 540 9
Yandere! Various x Reader (Cover in process. I'll probably make it a meme when I find a good one.) This is the story of a Cookie with a terrible curs...
13.7K 901 20
You weren't supposed to be alive, and Arkin wasn't supposed to survive. You weren't exactly happy, but you were surviving in your little life with yo...
2.9K 72 6
Ever want a fantasy story where the male lead has epic adventures while forming actual relationships with female dragons? Dragons of all kinds too, b...
783 59 27
WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS SCENES THAT SOME MAY FIND TRIGGERING. UPDATE: SUNDAY HEADS UP: I associate music a lot with writing. One I can do, the o...