Chapter 21

Today was the first day I would be going to school in quite a while, and I was honestly quite nervous and anxious about it, but it seemed that the boys had all been quite observant of it since the incident last week. All morning they had been helping me with packing my things and getting ready. 

"Are you ready Ji?" Jungwon carefully questioned me as he looked over at me while I was pulling on my shoes and I silently nodded, "lets go then," he urged with a small smile as he extended his hand towards me.

I silently nodded and grabbed his hand before we left the dorm and out in the car that would drive us to school.

"I'm not allowed to follow you to your classroom, but I'll follow you up to the main entrance, okay?" he asked and I nodded at him as I secured my seatbelt, "are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah, yeah," I waved it off to him.

"You seem distracted and distant," he pointed out to me and I looked over at him with a small smile.

"I'm fine, honestly," I assured him as he just hummed as the car began driving.

Not much was said on our way to school, and once the car actually stopped we both got out, and again didn't say a word to one another as both pulled on our facemasks and thanked the driver before closing the car doors.

"I'm asking you one last time, and you better answer me truthfully," Jungwon pointed out as he stepped in front of me, hindering me to move forward, "can you do this?"

"It's just school," I nodded at him.

"Just school? Ji, you had a whole panic attack last week before we even had gotten out in the car," he reminded me and I nodded at him, not denying the claim.

"I'll be fine, don't worry," I nodded at him and he just hummed before walking with me over to the main entrance to the girls' department of the school.

"Heeseung hyung said we were off at the same time, so we'll wait for each other before going out in the car, okay?" Jungwon quickly had grabbed my wrist before I had entered the school.

"Yeah, yeah," I nodded at him, "you better go unless you want to be late."

He hummed at me before beginning to walk off and look back a few times, before I entered the school. I quietly walked to my classroom and sat down in my usual seat. The other girls in my class did stare a bit, and I understand why they did so. I would stare as well if some girl just appeared again after a week of not coming to school.

The school day was it usual self, long boring classes where I took notes... and maybe wrote some lyrics in my notebook as well. The lunch break was it's usual with torment and snarky comments from Taehee and her small minions. It actually surprised me that no one in the class spread rumors about her to media outlets, but I guess they just were scared to end like me.

As the day ended I had packed my things together and was walking towards the exit of the school with Taehee and her minions hot on my heels as they continued to say things to me, which I desperately tried to ignore as I rushed out in the fresh air. I had scanned the courtyard in a matter of seconds before realizing that Jungwon wasn't out yet. I sighed to myself and immediately walked across the courtyard and waited by the main entrance to the boys' school. I clutched one strap of my bag tightly in my hand as I frantically looked around and everyone there, hoping to see the face I was looking for. I could see that Taehee and the two other girls were watching me from afar. A small buzz in my pocket immediately distracted me from my surroundings and I quickly pulled out my phone to see a new message from Sunghoon.

'We have practice now, you and Jungwon come as quick as you can. I think the car is driving you directly here'

"You got the message too, then," Jungwon commented and my head snapped up to look at him as I nodded, "was school alright?"

"I didn't pack training clothes," I pointed out to him with widened eyes.

"Aren't there safetyshorts in your skirts?" he frowned at me in confusion.

"I mean... there is, but... have you seen our choreography? It's not skirt friendly no matter what," I pointed out to him making him let out a small laugh before patting my shoulder to wrap his arm around my shoulders as he pulled me with him out towards the street.

I know I shouldn't do it, but I just couldn't help it. I quickly looked over at where Taehee stood and it was clear she didn't like what she saw. I think I had found out what she had against me. She liked Jungwon. It was clear.

Jungwon and I both immediately got into our car that had waited for us. It immedialely drove us to practice, where we both rushed in. I immediately regretted not having packed training clothes once I stepped into the practice room, apparently that would be something I have to pack each and everyday from now on. I was the only one in the group that didn't have training clothes with me, so I was left to train choreography in my school skirt, sneakers, and the white tanktop I wore under my button-up shirt. I am telling you, it was not fun in anyway, and I had to keep on adjusting my skirt, making me get extremely frustrated with time. It even reached a point where Jake had dragged me out of the practice room and just handed me an extra pair of his sweats.

They had been too big, but he was the smallest of the boys, so they only had to be rolled up twice in the waist, and thrice in the legs for them to fit. To say I could practice more comfortably after that was an understatement. It was clear that I felt much more confident with wearing a pair of pants for our trainings, instead of a skirt. I mean... who wouldn't?