144. Maedhros - Breakfast

Maedhros x Reader

2k words

Vanimalda- most beautiful, exceeding fair

A/N: Inspired entirely from the lovely ​saviorsongwrites on tumblr and dedicated to her as well. Thank you for all the love and support, I appreciate you so much!

* * *

It was a combination of the growling of your stomach and the delicious smells coming from the kitchen just nearby that begin to make you stir. Slowly rolling over and blinking your bleary eyes open to find that Maitimo's side of the bed was empty, and leaving you confused for a moment as to where you were.

Cabin walls were what enclosed the room, and dark green sheets and duvet were what you lay upon as opposed to your red and white. You were in the twins cabin, an extremely rare break that you and Maitimo were taking. This only came at Fingolfin's heavy insistence that Maitimo take the break, and urging that you went with him.

'Hithlum can manage a few weeks under Maglor's care.' He had told you, heavily emphasizing this as he looked at your very tense Maitimo. He had been very reluctant about wanting to leave, and you knew it was partially out of revenge against Morgoth and Sauron... As well as it had been the one thing he drowned himself in consistently. Especially when he didn't want to deal with the brunt of his trauma that haunted the worst at night.

Your thoughts were abuzz with the words of your lovers uncle, as well as Maglors...And Curufin's and Celegorms and then there was the matter of Maitimo's health and mental state weighing heavily on you. You promptly grabbed a pillow from its place next to you and pulled it over your face as you groaned into it softly. Before finally you ripped away to stare up at the ceiling of the cabin, the smell of food filling your lungs again and your stomach began to growl.

Finally you slid out of the bed, feet hitting the soft rug and your hands reaching for your robe that lay on the end table next to you. You wondered if the twins had dropped by and helped cook breakfast, considering this was their cabin... And they had noted to you both that they would be dropping in every now and again between their hunting trip. Slipping your arms in the robe, you began to leave the room, walking down the small hallway and the array of wonderful smells grew to be more intense the closer you got to the kitchen.

It was a medley of heavy savory food and a faint hint of sweetness, it all was so heavenly and your mouth watered at the thought. Coming to the doorway of the kitchen to find only Maedhros standing at the table, placing down silverware. The twins were nowhere insight, nor did you hear them within the cabin when you focused for a moment...

You turned your curious gaze back to your lover, seeing that his hair was still in the braid you'd done last night, though it was disheveled and sloppy now. Also wearing his loose and lightweight night tunic and regular trousers. You smiled for a moment as you looked him over, resting against the door frame. Seeing how at peace he seemed to be, the way his shoulders relaxed and didn't rush to complete such a simple task... It was then you cleared your throat, garnering Maitimo's attention.

For a moment he froze, watching the way his shoulders tensed, not expecting you to be up yet... Or at least not behind him at the very least. Quietly he finished arranging the silverware before turning to face you, shoulders beginning to relax slightly again. Ever just a tinge of him on guard, even with you. You gave him a soft smile and watched the way he softly mirrored you.

"Good morn vanimalda..." You said in your sleepy voice, watching as Maitimo looked away for a moment at your words. Pale blue eyes hidden beneath his long and russet eyelashes as he cast his gaze to the floor, your need to point out his beauty so unbridled making him a little bashful.