26. Dating Elrohir Headcanons Part 2

Being Previously Married

- While elves extremely rarely lose their partners forever, the concept of you being a previously married human or elf is a daunting one for Elrohir.

- But because he loves you so much, its something Elrohir is very willing to look past and still be with you.

- Though with you being previously married it is going to send a lot of emotions through Elrohir especially at the start of your relationship with him.

- Elrohir is high key possessive and very easy to make jealous, a lot of it is because he worries he will lose you.

- He secretly fears, if your marriage was a split, that you will eventually leave him as well. This he reasons with himself quietly that you aren't that person, and those thoughts are irrational.

- A lot of insecurities and worries will be brought up for him, even though he very much respects the fact that, that relationship for you is over now.

- His biggest fear is that he will not be able to live up to how wonderful that relationship was for you, if your partner has passed away.

- So he will always try to go above and beyond to do even more for you even if he doesn't need too.

- And it's always done with a little more exaggeration, wanting to make sure he gets his point across- which is that he loves you so much.

- If your partner has passed away, in the starts of your relationship, Elrohir will be very quiet in listening to your stories you might want to share. Though he will lovingly comfort you if these matters bring you to tears.

- Eventually he will learn to have more appreciation for those stories, knowing that your happiness is what matters to him. Even if it wasn't all with him.

- If you and your past partner split due to an unhappy and/or abusive marriage this will still prompt to go above and beyond for you, as he wants you to be able to experience what a happy relationship is supposed to be like.

- Elrohir will shower you heavily with affection, comfort and share in your anger if that is what you feel, helping you through every step of the way to be as supportive as possible.

- The other issue that Elrohir struggles with is the fact that you have so much more relationship experience than he does in the beginning.

- He worries that he will mess up and you might look at him with displeasure or disgust that he didn't know how to do something.

- This is painfully apparent after indulging in any intimacy, as he asks if you are okay, if you enjoyed yourself, and asking if you are satisfied.

- He loves you and wants to do everything perfectly for you, even though Elrohir doesn't have that experience and can only gain it through trial and error.

- He requires a good bit of reassurance that he is doing things right and that he does make you happy.

- But after some time he will get over those hurdles seeing that you are extremely happy with him and he will have a better appreciation for the things you share with him from your previous relationship.