33. Elrohir - Just a little longer

Elrohir x reader!

1k words

*  *  *

You smiled sleepily as you opened your eyes, greeted to the sight of your lover still sleeping. The two of you having parted in your sleep, his head buried under his pillows and his back just barely peeking out from beneath the heavy duvet.

The faint sounds of the fire lowly popping in the hearth met your ears, mingling with Elrohir's soft breathing as he slept. Winter was upon Imladris, the snow heavy and thick outside. You were grateful that he was not out hunting for now in this weather, it was days like this you didn't want to have to move to get out of bed.

Not even for the healing halls, though you knew they'd be scarce of anyone unless some humans came for assistance. As you sat up, the blanket fell into your lap, you shivered some at the loss of the warmth. Your heavy night clothes and the dimming fire not doing much to help with aid keeping the bitter cold out of your shared chambers.

Next to you Elrohir began to stir, lifting his head from beneath the pillow, surely feeling you wake through your bond. Eyes squinted and black hair partially shielding his face before looking over to you, he sighed out sleepily. Elrohir moved to be closer to you, head laying partially on your lap and his arm drawing around you to hold you close to him. You only smiled some and brought a hand to his hair and began to stroke him lovingly.

In the faint glow of the orange light of the fire you could see his bare back, and the freckles that were spaced and decorated down his pale skin. Sliding your hands down to his back, you caressed with care making him shift slightly, arm squeezing against you faintly. For a long moment you hesitated, knowing that you needed to get ready for the Healing Halls as they awaited you.

The moment you began to try and slither from Elrohir's hold did he lift his head again, a frown pulling plainly at his lips. Resting on his elbow as you continued to move,

"Where are you going? It is barely past dawn and the snowfall is heavy, no one else will be starting their day yet." He questioned out, tiredness lingering in his warm voice as he spoke. Sharp silver eyes looking over you intently, almost as if you had offended him by your leaving,

"The Healing Halls require my attention, I am scheduled to be there today." You explained, but Elrohir only huffed out at your words with a faint smile. Appreciating your sense of duty to the Healers, and he only pulled you to lay back down on the bed. Without another thought Elrohir laid his head on your chest, arm winding even snugger around your waist holding you in place.

"Just a little longer, darling...." He grumbled out, nestling further into you as his free hand grabbed the heavy duvet and pulled it up and over his shoulders. You felt him shudder at the warmth of the blanket that engulfed you both, you sighed out at his words partially amused by his antics. In the same breath you were not, as you didn't want to be late for work either.

"Elrohir, I do not want to be late." You murmured to him not exactly fighting him on the situation, Elrohir only snorted some at your words and raised his brows. A smile of mischief pulling at his lips at this, grip not loosening and the warmth of him and the blanket making you feel even more at ease and comfortable.

"They will be fine having to wait on you for once." He said so sure of himself, wiggling only a little as he situated himself more to get comfortable. You were silent for a moment as you frowned at his words, clearly not understanding the importance of the situation.

You were a punctual elf and preferred it stayed that way when one requested your presence. Which was quite often as you were incredibly reliable. But you were especially punctual when that presence was Elrond who requested of you.

"It is your Ada I will be seeing, and I don't want him waiting for long." But Elrohir only laughed at this, raising his head to look at you through strands of black. His hand refusing to budge from your waist so you could not move away from his hold, you couldn't help but smile up at him as you looked at him.

Elrohir smiling back at you softly, for a moment his eyes lingered and traced over your features in admiration. A smug look crossing his features,

"I am not afraid of my Ada, and you can tell him I am what kept you from arriving on time. Stay just a little longer..." You laughed when he said he wasn't afraid of his Ada, knowing there was half truth in his words.

All it would take was for his Ada to grow stern and Elrohir would be second guessing what he said, but you said nothing in response to it. Though you did want to call his bluff, so you raised your brow in return in thought.

"Would you walk me to work if I stay longer?" You asked him, agreeing to stay if he would only meet with his own Ada to explain the situation. Elrond in truth still intimidated you to a degree, even if you were now his family. Elrohir only nodded at this, seemingly satisfied as he laid back down on your chest, nestling close to you.

"Yes, if that is what will keep you here with me a moment longer..." He hummed out with a small laugh, feeling completely satisfied to have you here with him. With that you wrapped your arms around Elrohir holding him close to you, fingers twirling raven strands.

The warmth and weight of him against you was soothing, his breathing slow and you felt the heaviness of sleep once more. It was so easy to fall asleep so quickly when you were so safe and secure with Elrohir. You only heard the soft and lulling tune of a song that he had begun to hum, and your eyes shut as you dozed off. Savoring the closeness and warmth and time with your love.