112. Caranthir - Meeting Again

Caranthir x Reader

1.6k words

* * *

You gently tapped your nails against the railing of the ship as you watched the gathering crowd of elves around the ship and on the docks below. The ocean air filling your lungs, and the sound of waves lapping at the hull filling your ears. Swaying with every lash, while it was a sensation you were familiar and comfortable with, you couldn't wait to be on solid ground.

It had been Ages since you had been in Valinor and as always it was such a beautiful and splendid sight to see. White buildings glittering in the morning sun and stretching as far as the eye could see. Not without the beautiful and splendid flora growing beautifully amidst the towers and homes. For centuries you had longed to see this sight once again, your yearning only growing tenfold the longer you went without your husband.

Though now that you were here you were uncertain if he were reborn or if you'd only wait longer. Fortunately even if he were not you had your son to show the splendors of your home and introduce him to his grandmother and your parents. Perhaps even to his uncles if they had been reborn already before Caranthir.

"Are you alright, Naneth? I thought for certain you would be far more excited." A deep voice piped up, his tall figure came and stood next to you, Míron was the name you and Caranthir had decided on for him. How perfect it turned out to be as he was beyond everything the greatest treasure and gift either of you could've asked for. You looked up at him, giving him a faint smile and taking the time to admire him.

Míron had grown to look strikingly like his Ada, his hair so black it had a blue tint to it in the light. His cheeks were rubicund like Caranthir's, a sparse smattering of freckles dotted along his face and down his neck. Even his eyes were that fierce silvery gray that your husbands had been, and he was very protective over you like his Ada had been. But Míron had far more of your calm and cool temperament compared to his Ada.

"Yes, I am just anxious." Míron only nodded wrapping his arm around your shoulders to comfort you as you looked back to the docks that were beginning to crowd with loved ones. The deck of the ship, in turn, beginning to fill with excited elves, all of which were ready to get off and be reunited just as you. The chatter was growing noisily around you, yet you didn't feel the same air of excitement as everyone else was.

You couldn't help but worry that your husband had not been reborn, that you'd have to wait even longer before to see him. It was well into the Second Age now, verging just on the Third Age. You hoped that would be plenty of time, and it was then you finally decided you couldn't stay on Arda any longer. That you had to know if Caranthir was out and waiting for you.

"Do you see him Míron?" You asked in a soft voice, eyes scanning the crowd looking over many of the black haired Noldo. Though you were not deterred, you knew your husband well enough even after all this time away from him. You knew him even from behind, you could thank your bond for such help in determining him so easily. Míron let out a soft chuckle at your words,

"Nanneth... I was just a mere babe when I last saw Ada. I don't even remember what he looks like." Míron reminded you, you nodded knowingly at his words, not pulling your gaze from the ever growing crowd.

"You look just like your Ada, Míron. So for your part in this, search for your twin." You snorted out with some amusement, leaving Míron to chuckle again giving your shoulders another gentle squeeze. Quietly the two of you searched the front and middle of the crowd, while you spied a few old friends none of them were Caranthir.

You hardly even noticed those who disembarked off the ship too, engrossed with your search. You wanted to be absolutely sure that he wasn't here, if Caranthir were here again you knew he wouldn't miss out on your arrival.