78. Glorfindel - Finally Home

Glorfindel x Reader

1.1k words

* * *

Glorfindel was in his office quietly pacing as he looked over the paperwork that required his attention. Once again his thoughts couldn't help but drift to you, it was going to be a grueling day once again without you here.

Having been this way since you took your journey with the Fellowship, and while he supported your decision everyday had him on the edge of his seat. Slowly he grew used to your absence but the ache in his heart never stopped yearning to have you with him.

It always became painfully apparent that you were gone when he got to his chambers for the night, and it appeared that was going to carry over into his work day today. It only made him sigh as he hung his head down, pinching the bridge of his nose as he tried to shake them from his mind.

The sound of an urgent knock pulled him from his thoughts, looking over as a twin opened the door and stepping halfway in.

It was Elrohir, and he could only tell from the slightly more slender build and brighter silver eyes. The very minuscule differences that only those close to them could find to tell them apart. The son of Elrond was wearing a rare small smile as he looked Glorfindel over,

"Lord Glorfindel, Ada has called for you." Glorfindel heaved out another breath, running a hand through his golden waves at his words.

"Tell Elrond I am afraid I am behind on his paperwork and I shall be there when I have finished it." Suspecting that, that was what Elrohir was there for. It wasn't uncommon for the twins to fetch him for such things as of late. Elrohir only shook his head,

"Ada said that it was urgent and to meet him at the main entrance." At that Elrohir quickly slipped out the door, leaving Glorfindel to grab his blue robes that rested on his desk chair. Glorfindel slipped into it, stuffing the papers in the inner pocket as he left his office in such a rush he didn't even shut the door.

The only time Elrond asked for Glorfindel to be present was when there was an important guest to be met. He hurried through the many twists and turns of Imladris in a flurry of blue and gold, mindful not to run over any passing elves in his attempt to be on time.

It was as he got to the entrance that he had begun to grow suspicious as to why he had been called there when he didn't see Elrond. Only finding a lone figure that he did not recognize with their back turned to him, warmth began to bloom in his chest the longer he stared. His heart pounding as familiarity at the sight filled him! Glorfindel felt as though he could hardly breathe!

It was you... It had to be you!

"Y/N?" He called out to you in a breathless tone, you turned your gaze from the statues that surrounded you and towards the sweet voice you had missed hearing. Never had you forgotten it in your long absence, how could you possibly forget about your Glorfindel?

With a bright smile you looked up at your husband who looked down at you in absolute awe and disbelief, stopping just a few feet from you. Your heart beginning to pound in your chest as the tears made their way to the surface with joy!

It was really him! Oh Eru! You were finally home!

Without another prompt or thought you rushed to him, leaping towards Glorfindel. Swiftly he caught you and held you close to his chest, keeping you lifted off the ground. A hand cradling the back of your head while a strong arm wrapped snugly around your waist.

Burying his face in the crook of your neck, your tears spilling over and onto his robes and in his hair. Breathing him in deeply, as your heart swelled full of love that you were once more with your husband.

"I have missed you so much meleth nin..." Glorfindel began in a voice full of emotion and longing, you were finally in his arms. Soothing that itch to be with you, as you were finally right here!

"Oh Glorfindel.. I have missed you more than words can say..." You whispered tearfully to him, you felt his lips press soft kisses against your shoulder and the junction of your neck. Squeezing you a little tighter before he pulled away to kiss you with need.

His lips were just as soft and warm as you remembered them to be, your hands gripping onto his robes tight as you kept him pulled close to you. Glorfindel's lips melding against your gently and with as much love as he could muster. Glorfindel needed for you to know how much he love and missed you. A soft hum escaped him, his fingers curling in your hair as he held you close.

Taking his time to taste you, as if you'd disappear from his hold once he let you go. While three years in general meant nothing time wise for elves, without you it had felt like ages. You sighed as you brought your hands down to caress his face, letting your fingers trace over his cheekbones and down his jaw warranting a soft shiver from your husband.

"I can hardly believe that you are here..." Glorfindel said breathlessly, lips brushing against yours as he pulled away ever so slightly. Golden waves falling around your both acting as a curtain as you were both absorbed with one another.

"I am so happy you are back." Glorfindel breathed out with a soft laugh as he pressed his forehead against yours. You only laughed along with him as he held you close to him, nodding in agreement.

Eru were you happy to be back. While you didn't regret going with the Fellowship, it didn't take away that you had wished to be with your husband as well.

"I am happy to finally be home with you Glorfindel." You told him with love in your voice as you looked up into bright sparkling blue eyes. A bright smile pulling at his tan lips as he took his time to admire your face. As if to commit it to memory once more, gently he leaned forward pressing a kiss to your lips again.

"How I have longed for this moment meleth nin..." Glorfindel sighed out before pressing another kiss to your cheek and then again to your forehead. Showering you with affection to begin trying to make up for the lost time.

It was with great reluctance that he finally pulled away from you. Keeping an arm around your waist as he began to pull you along with him.

"Come meleth! You must tell me everything that has happened on your journey!" The enthusiasm in his voice was as evident as ever, as your husband began to lead you from the entrance. You were pleased to see that his support had never wavered in your absence.

Eru was it good to be home.

* * *

I am lacking some confidence in my writing abilities this past week so I hope its what you were wanting! <3